eBay: Douglas A-20 Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Does anyone have photos (or even diagrams) of the tunnel gun position? I'm interested in both interior and exterior views.

Thanks!

Does anyone have photos (or even diagrams) of the tunnel gun position? I'm interested in both interior and exterior views.

Thanks!
OK, better Google search terms led me to all the pictures I need of the non-turreted version, including a manual on the gunner's compartment. Building an A-20 Havoc Pacific Strafer pg2

Incidentally, I realized that the crash of the DB-7 on January 23, 1939, with Captain Maurice Chemidlin of the French Air Force aboard, which set off a firestorm among isolationists, happened in our neighborhood! The Douglas bomber crashed in the parking lot of the North American Aviation plant, injuring 10 on the ground.

And just to be weirder, the location of that plant is now the location of the LA Lakers' practice facility.

Great site; I've had it bookmarked for a while but haven't looked around. Google seems to be getting worse over the last few years. The first page might be close to what you are looking for and then goes off in a variety of tangents. Google images is now next to useless

Users who are viewing this thread