Emblem Identification

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Morning guys,

Well this summer my Grandfather passed away and going through his things we found this. Not exactly sure what its for or the emblem represents. He was in the Navy during WWII but don't know much more about the emblem.

Thanks in advance Paul

Attachments

• Grandfather 1.jpg
    Grandfather 1.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 136
I do now the following as far as stations go.

NTC, Great Lakes, IL
NATTC, W.I. Corpus Christi Texas
USNPSC, Camp Wallace Texas

Hi Geo, the bottom emblem looks to be a dragon or mythical beast. Different picture in different light.

DSC_0001.JPG

Last edited:
Me neither. Looks like it would attach to the collar tabs.

Geo

Well thank you for looking Geo, I know he was stationed at NATTC, W.I. Corpus Christi airbase Texas and reason why I thought it was a aircraft squadron emblem but so far have drawn a blank that way as well and he was a boy scout so that fits as well but frustrating as I can find no matches either way LOL

The Fleur de Lis can also signify a unit's service in France or the Rhineland.

When I first saw this, I thought it might be a tie-tack or a cover (cap) device...

From looking at the photo, it seems that the shield not very large, perhaps 1/2" (13mm) wide?

When I first saw this, I thought it might be a tie-tack or a cover (cap) device...

From looking at the photo, it seems that the shield not very large, perhaps 1/2" (13mm) wide?

You are correct, its only about 1/2" square.

You are correct, its only about 1/2" square for the shield.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back