Nov 11, 2010 #41 R robwkamm Airman 1st Class 126 0 Joined Mar 2, 2010 Location fair Lawn NJ im going with inverted v12 , german design. the big lower scoop looks familar like a british hawker but im clueless there.
im going with inverted v12 , german design. the big lower scoop looks familar like a british hawker but im clueless there.
Nov 11, 2010 #42 C Colin1 Senior Master Sergeant 3,526 19 Joined Jan 2, 2009 Location United Kingdom krieghund said: another fine specimen Click to expand... Canopy has a Soviet look to it and the boxy radiator wasn't the sole property of Brit designers. I'll pitch in with a Mikulin AM 35 Outward-retracting undercarriage is noted
krieghund said: another fine specimen Click to expand... Canopy has a Soviet look to it and the boxy radiator wasn't the sole property of Brit designers. I'll pitch in with a Mikulin AM 35 Outward-retracting undercarriage is noted
Nov 11, 2010 #43 S Shortround6 Lieutenant General 24,903 18,843 Joined Jun 29, 2009 Location Central Florida Highlands It is a lot smaller engine than a Mikulin AM 35. It was used by Four(?) countries in this aircraft.
Nov 11, 2010 #44 C Colin1 Senior Master Sergeant 3,526 19 Joined Jan 2, 2009 Location United Kingdom Shortround6 said: It is a lot smaller engine than a Mikulin AM 35 Click to expand... Weight, dimensions or displacement-wise?
Shortround6 said: It is a lot smaller engine than a Mikulin AM 35 Click to expand... Weight, dimensions or displacement-wise?
Nov 11, 2010 #45 S Shortround6 Lieutenant General 24,903 18,843 Joined Jun 29, 2009 Location Central Florida Highlands Colin1 said: Weight, dimensions or displacement-wise? Click to expand... All of the above.
Nov 11, 2010 #46 C cherry blossom Senior Airman 556 579 Joined Apr 23, 2007 I think that the aircraft looks like a Heinkel He 112B, so I am going to guess that the engine is a Jumo 210.
I think that the aircraft looks like a Heinkel He 112B, so I am going to guess that the engine is a Jumo 210.
Nov 12, 2010 Thread starter #47 krieghund Senior Airman 610 46 Joined Sep 25, 2006 Location Riyadh cherry blossom said: I think that the aircraft looks like a Heinkel He 112B, so I am going to guess that the engine is a Jumo 210. Click to expand... Oh yes so very right, He112b with Ju210, looks so different with the clothes off..... I'm going to really dig harder next time I thought my P-51J was going to last awhile Oh well!
cherry blossom said: I think that the aircraft looks like a Heinkel He 112B, so I am going to guess that the engine is a Jumo 210. Click to expand... Oh yes so very right, He112b with Ju210, looks so different with the clothes off..... I'm going to really dig harder next time I thought my P-51J was going to last awhile Oh well!