cvairwerks
Staff Sergeant
Went over to the library yesterday to pull a drawing that I hadn't converted yet. I needed to check on a couple of part numbers so I could get a hardware order off. Pulled the drawing and and as usual when I go after only 1 or 2, I randomly looked at a few others on the same reel. Managed to stop on the drawing for installing the battery in the left nacelle....wait a minute, the books show both batteries in the bomb bay, and I've got the rack out of my a/c...Scanned the drawing and looked at a couple more and found the drawing for the battery in the right nacelle... Scanned them and a couple of others I stopped on that were bonus finds and came home to do a little research
Maintenance manual, the preliminary SRM and the parts catalog show two batteries and they are installed in the bomb bay. I've got two drawings showing them installed in the nacelles that contradicts this... Checked publication dates and all predate the production on mine. Hmmm... Drawings don't show any MCR's to change the battery locations, so now I need to climb the drawing hierarchy to check installations. Typically, I've found on this project that when there is a part change, it is noted on the drawing by an MCR serial number and it shows part info before and after the MCR. 2nd level and higher drawings haven't noted part changes, only the 1st next assembly ones.
Now I have to go chase a master assembly drawing to see if there is something that indicates a change, otherwise, by drawings, my aircraft gets 4 batteries rather than just the two shown in the manuals...
Crazy... especially at nearly 1000$ each
Maintenance manual, the preliminary SRM and the parts catalog show two batteries and they are installed in the bomb bay. I've got two drawings showing them installed in the nacelles that contradicts this... Checked publication dates and all predate the production on mine. Hmmm... Drawings don't show any MCR's to change the battery locations, so now I need to climb the drawing hierarchy to check installations. Typically, I've found on this project that when there is a part change, it is noted on the drawing by an MCR serial number and it shows part info before and after the MCR. 2nd level and higher drawings haven't noted part changes, only the 1st next assembly ones.
Now I have to go chase a master assembly drawing to see if there is something that indicates a change, otherwise, by drawings, my aircraft gets 4 batteries rather than just the two shown in the manuals...
Crazy... especially at nearly 1000$ each