F4U-5 handling performance reports

Power Plant Chart (1952):
unknown.png
 
Combat performance is estimated, normal and military are from flight tests. The date of the chart is from February 1949, I would have thought combat power results would have been available by then.

Neil.
Is there any flight manual chart for F4U-5?. It would seem that the estimated performance is often very different from actual performance later on
For example:
Estimated performance
p-51h-altperf-91444.jpg


Later tested performance
P-51H chart.jpg
 
Performance reduction from pre production calculations to aircraft in service were usually the norm.

Best to ask Mike Williams of WWII Aircraft Performance if any one knows he will.

Neil
:( there isnt even an email, i have no idea how to contact him
 
Later chart is taken from flight manual.
Interception profile doesnt include rack
Where it says that it doesnt include rack?
All I can see is that max speed is the same in all configurations which would indicate that in interception both rocket and bomb racks were used
1638805652882.png
 
Where it says that it doesnt include rack?
All I can see is that max speed is the same in all configurations which would indicate that in interception both rocket and bomb racks were used
View attachment 650614

but there is no rocket rack in interception profile
intercept.JPG


and the speed match with this
p-51h-na-8284-pg5.jpg
 
Last edited:
Is there any flight manual chart for F4U-5?.
1694166179839.png

1694166207881.png

1694166234851.png

I estimate clean performance would be about 25 knots faster.
So about 640kph at SL and 780kph at 31000 feet!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back