F4U Corsair PW 2800-8W Water Injection (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jcox

Recruit
Nov 15, 2020
Hello,

I'm hoping to find some help identifying exactly where the water injection water tanks were located on the F4U-1A corsair equipped with the water injection system (PW 2800-8W). I have found schematics describing the system (the pilots manual has a good one), but nothing I can find shows where the water tank was actually mounted. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

James

Hi James,

Hope these shots help!

Cheers,

Dana
17.jpg

Hello,

I'm hoping to find some help identifying exactly where the water injection water tanks were located on the F4U-1A corsair equipped with the water injection system (PW 2800-8W). I have found schematics describing the system (the pilots manual has a good one), but nothing I can find shows where the water tank was actually mounted. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

James

I I recall the tank was just forward of the pilot. Close looking at photos from the top you usually can see a filler port just ahead of the windshield. It's not the fuel filler often outlined with tape it looks like a hidden gas filler on cars.

Hi James,

The books are packaged and go to the Post Office first thing in the morning. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Dana
Dana, Received your books yesterday and have been pouring over them. Very well done!

One more quick question... Did F4U-1A's have the outboard wing fuel tanks?

Thanks again!

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back