F8F Bearcat N14WB 'Chrome Cat'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All4scale

Recruit
Aug 26, 2018
Hey Everyone

I am just seeing if anyone out there knows the FS colour codes or names of the colors used on the Bearcat N14WB currently flying from Lewis Air Legends in the states.
I am building a 1/5 RC model to compete with at the next world champs and they require proof of the colours used on the aircraft of which I can supply colour chips but need to know the colours used. Thanks in advance and I hope someone can help me.

Cheers
All4scale

Attachments

• 12763e9234cb0baabfb9e2eee865193592e47763.jpg
    12763e9234cb0baabfb9e2eee865193592e47763.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 180
Hey Everyone

I am just seeing if anyone out there knows the FS colour codes or names of the colors used on the Bearcat N14WB currently flying from Lewis Air Legends in the states.
I am building a 1/5 RC model to compete with at the next world champs and they require proof of the colours used on the aircraft of which I can supply colour chips but need to know the colours used. Thanks in advance and I hope someone can help me.

Cheers
All4scale

I would contact them directly. It could be Sherman Williams colors for all anyone knows. Until the owner and maintenance team answer the question directly about their airplane one would be guessing. The idea that it is directly an FS color is simply guesswork too. It is a civilian airplane now, modeling that airplane means painting it to the color that airplane is painted. Your documentation should reflect the manufacturer's code and that you painted the model with it. The collection has pretty nice people involved and will probably provide information for you.
I'm really interested in your retracts, Bearcat gear is always keeping my from modeling them!
Good luck.
Chris...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chris.
Thanks for that. I have tried contacting them several times but have had no reply. It's hard when I'm all the way down here in Aus. If you or anyone has a contact there that they can send me or I am happy for you to pass on my info to them it would be a great help.
The retracts I have are home made from carbon and brass. But yeah I couldn't build a bearcat if it didn't have the correct undercarriage.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20170529_193839.jpg
    20170529_193839.jpg
    998.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 20190409_192859.mp4
    61.6 MB · Views: 170

Users who are viewing this thread

Back