Fay-Egan propellor markings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Warspite

Recruit
Jan 6, 2019
Hello everyone, I am in search of some clear images showing the labels for Fay-Egan propellors as I want to make some decals for a kit project I am doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
hh-007.jpg
Fay-Egan 020001a.jpg

Probably not much better than what you have already found...but another photo
Juanita

Attachments

• Pander S.4 Postjager DETAILS (propeller).jpg
    Pander S.4 Postjager DETAILS (propeller).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 81
Many thanks Jaunita !!!! It would seem that the Fay-Egan propellers were not a standout product as I have not been able to find information on what other aircraft they were used on. I would imagine they were more so used by private or personal aircraft as opposed to wide spread commercial use. I have hopes to do a complete sheet of decals in 1/72nd scale for my vacformed Execuform Pander and as can be seen in the photo you posted, the Fay-Egan logo is rather prominently displayed. Later photos of the Pander at the race shows the labels on both blades of the outboard engines.

Many thanks Jaunita !!!! It would seem that the Fay-Egan propellers were not a standout product as I have not been able to find information on what other aircraft they were used on. I would imagine they were more so used by private or personal aircraft as opposed to wide spread commercial use. I have hopes to do a complete sheet of decals in 1/72nd scale for my vacformed Execuform Pander and as can be seen in the photo you posted, the Fay-Egan logo is rather prominently displayed. Later photos of the Pander at the race shows the labels on both blades of the outboard engines.
I did a search and apparently Fay-Egan were in a patent dispute with other propeller companies over this design, so this probably a reason they were very popular in North America. From what I read, they made blades and installed them in a different manufactures hub.

I did a search and apparently Fay-Egan were in a patent dispute with other propeller companies over this design, so this probably a reason they were very popular in North America. From what I read, they made blades and installed them in a different manufactures hub.

Michael, that might explain why there is so little information on the propellers as opposed to their woodworking machinery. I did manage to contact Wichita State University Library that had a pamphlet for the propellers and they sent me the following images. As one explains, the propellers were being packaged for export apparently not for the US market. That may be because of the patent dispute.
Fay0-Egan 010001.jpg
Fay-Egan 020001.jpg
Fay-Egan 030001.jpg
Fay-Egan 030001a.jpg

Long shot but if you know the month & year of the first press cutting try Aviation for the period - the Aviation Week & Space Technology web site has back issues for the 20s through mid 40s so if they advertised in Aviation you may find their logo there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back