Festivals !

Discussion in 'OFF-Topic / Misc.' started by plan_D, Mar 7, 2006.

1. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

For all you rock fans - awesome news ... especially those in Europe - the remainder of AiC are playin' at many of the European rock festivals this year !!!

Unfortunately I can't go to Download in Donnington because I'm watchin' Live on the 11 June , so I'm goin' to Novarock in Nickelsdorf, Austria !! Tool, Mettalica and G 'n' R are headlinin'

And of course the remainder of AiC will be there ... Which is the real reason I'm going ALL the way to Austria to see 'em .

Adler, get yourself to Rock Am Park - they're playing there too !

Oh, and new Audioslave album in June - I expect that they might turn up to some of the festivals to promote that ! Yeah, so I'm seein' Live on 11 June , then flyin' to Vienna on 12 June ...stayin' there for two days , then headin' to Nickelsdorf !!

Just thought I'd rub that in.

2. DerAdlerIstGelandet

DerAdlerIstGelandet Der Crew Chief
    Staff Member Moderator

A&P - Aircraft Technician
    pD, I have my Rock im Park tickets allready. I bought them when they went on sale back in December.

Here is the line up for Rock im Park so far. About another 20 to 30 bands will be signed on still. The Rumors say some of them will be System of the Down, Queensryche, Guns and Roses, Type O Negative and much more....

Here is the line up so far for Rock Im Park 2006:

Metallica
    Depeche Mode
    Placebo
    Tool
    Franz Ferdinand
    Jamiroquai
    Korn
    Morrissey
    Reamonn
    Bela B.
    Nelly Furtado
    Deftones
    Sportfreunde Stiller
    Pharrell
    Turbonegro
    The Streets
    David Gray
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Tomte
    Dir en grey
    The Darkness
    In Flames
    Bushido
    Paul Weller
    Babyshambles
    Danko Jones
    Soulfly
    Alice In Chains
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Dredg
    Art Brut
    Stone Sour
    Opeth
    Goldfrapp
    The Subways
    The Dresden Dolls
    The Editors
    Secret Machines
    Kashmir
    Trivium
    She Wants Revenge
    The Like
    Bloodsimple
    To My Surprise
    Kill The Young

The ones in bold are the ones that I am really excited about. Cant wait to see Metallica for the 8th time since 1988!

3. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

They have some really crap acts in there too though ! I mean, c'mon ... AiC in the same festival as Franz Ferdinand ! :rolleyes:

I'm really lookin' forward to Novarock ... I haven't actually got my tickets yet ... so I suppose I could come to Rock im Park instead ... just a thought. The vast majority who are playin' at Rock im Park are playin' at Novarock too .

4. DerAdlerIstGelandet

Staff Member Moderator

Rock im Park is the best festival I have ever been to, and I have been to Monsters Of Rock, Reading, Donington, and Masters of Metal festivals. The reason I like Rock im Park is because of the Diversity it has. Even if they have bands like Franz Ferdinand that I do not like, I just hang out at the camp site and drink beer, grilling some Brat Wursts or BBQ Ribs and hang out with people from all over the world who are there for the same reason. It is awesome. This will be my 8th Rock Im Park.

5. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

You're tempting me toward that festival instead of Novarock . The British rock festivals get progressively worse with each year ! Donnington (Download) is probably the best , AiC are playing there ! But as I said I'm seein' Live on one of the days it's on ... so off to Germany or Austria I go .

I just want to see Jerry Cantrell ! And hear some AiC tracks live - even if, unfortunately, Layne Staley is no longer with us . I'll think about it over the next couple of days , between Rock im Park or Novarock ...

It actually looks like I'm going on my own 'cos no one has the money , or time , or likes rock to go ! I don't care ...I want to see AiC !

6. DerAdlerIstGelandet

Staff Member Moderator

Well if you choose Rock im Park let me know man. You can come and hang out with me and my friends in our camp site. Last year in our camp site we brought a couch to hang out on, a huge carpet that we through down on the ground. We had a huge inflatable pool that we filled with bottles of Jack Daniels, Scotch, and Beer. Damn it was awesome. My niece is even coming from the States to go with us to the show. Damn it is going to Rock again.

7. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

I'll definately decide in the next couple of days , I suppose goin' to Rock im Park would be better 'cos they'll at least be you I know ! :lol:

8. DerAdlerIstGelandet

Staff Member Moderator

Well your welcome to join us, you just have to let me know.

9. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

I'll look up how to get there and such ... in fact, I have nothing to do so I'll do that now !

10. plan_D

plan_D Active Member

I have just looked into it , and I think I'll come to Rock Im Park instead. It's much easier to get to, and it's basically the same line-up . Most importantly, AiC will still be there !

Plus it's cheaper , quite a bit cheaper. And I can fly straight into the city !!