First post and some help needed for Iraq 1941

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,

I came across this group when looking for models for a modelling project and it looks like I've found just the place to ask these questions. They relate to locating models for the RAF and Royal Iraqi Air Force in 1941 at Habbaniyah.

I've been collecting aircraft and ground forces models for a wargames army in 1/72 (20mm) scale to represent the forces involved and have managed to get quite a number though none are yet built - Gladiators (Airfix Matchbox), Audax Nisr (Airfix Demon conversions), Douglas 8A (Vacform), Breda 65 (vacform), Bf 110 (Matchbox), Oxford (novo), Dragon rapide (Airfix/Heller), Blenheim IV (Airfix), Hurricane, Tomahawk and others.

Some I have more than I need (e.g. Breda Ba65).

The ones that are giving me greatest difficulty are:

Most important - Vickers Valentia (I could use a Vickers Vincent/Vernon/66 Commercial or similar for wargaming purposes) The look of this is more important than absolute accuracy.
Then:
SM-79 twin engined version (I have an Airfix tri-motor)
Fairey Gordon
Vickers Vincent
FIAT CR-42

Maybe someone could point me to sources (ideally in UK) or sell me them or swop? I have a stash on unbuilt stuff in the attic for WW1 and WW2.

Thanks.

Italeri 1/72 Fiat CR.42 LW # 1276, there seems to be a fairly expensive vac formed valentia available from contrail models but not sure where you can obtain it, maybe ebay??? same for the fairey Gordon, contrail have made one.
Maquette have made the Vickers Vincent, but it is classed as rare and ebay may be your only hope :( there is one on there atm i believe. Also found this through google Kiwi Resins Models not sure if it what you are seeking.
hopefully helps a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back