Focke-Wulf Fw190A-6/R8 with FuG202

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

weinace

Airman 1st Class
Jan 4, 2009
Yorkshire UK
Karaya has published a set of decals for a captured Fw190A-6/R8 fitted with FuG217.
Can anyone say if this was a reality and how would the Radar be fitted - under the wings?
I attach an image of the relevant aircraft
Regards,
Weinace

Attachments

• Fw190A-6R8 7NJG11.jpg
    Fw190A-6R8 7NJG11.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I thought that since it was an 'alleged' R8 the positioning may be different.
Regards and thanks,
Weinace

Last edited by a moderator:
I see. The problem with the Fw 190A-6 Werk Nr. 550214 is that it is the A-6 basicly and wasn't the night fighter. The plane varsion was said to be the A-6/R6 one initially. She was servicing in the Erprobungsstelle 8/JG11. The R6 indicates removed the wing outer cannons and the WGr21 rocket armament . But it seems she had never these rockets attached. So she is not the R6 variant. However, during her restoration it was discovered , she had the MK108 30mm cannon mountings on the wings. Also they found an identification plate under some layers of paint, next to the place where the original manufacturer's plate was stolen from by collectors, confirming that she was in fact modified to R8 status.. So the South African Museum of Military History where she is displayed , re-fitted the cannons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back