fw 190 D9 II> from jg 2 color scheme

aurelien wolff

Airman 1st Class
283
187
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Hello, building the revellr ebox of eduard dora, I noticed eduard gave it some kind of non standard dark geen but to me, it look more like a classic rlm75/74 camo and I'm not sure it should have a fuel tank
Putting the picture like that because for some reason, it doesn't want to upload the picture.
 
Jerry Crandall in his D-9 tome has this aircraft finished in 75/83 (Dark Green) uppers with no black exhaust panel. The profile in the book includes a drop tank. There was also provision made for the firing of 21cm rockets, though the rockets themselves were not carried. Other notable features:

Early style flat canopy
No antenna wire retraction pulley
Late 3-piece gun cowl with round bulge on rear low position.
Faint number 41 ferry mark visible on rudder
 
Jerry crandall does show planes from that serie wore a 75/green camo, j-c mermet also mention a 82/75 combination in his book so I'm going with green/75 on mine , tho I"m unsure why include a drop tank if the support is not visible on the plane pictures I found so far
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back