Fw200 gondola access

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi all, don't know if this is the best place for this, but I'm looking for photos or drawings showing how the bombardier/co-pilot accessed the gondola compartment of the Fw200. One of those little mysteries that bug me forever. I've found a couple of model builds, one which appears to show a pair of folding doors in the floor of the radio operators compartment, and one that seems to show the same but instead they are set in the top of of box-like structure on the deck. The latter seems awkward. but I guess maybe it doubles as a platform for the gunner to stand on to access the A-Stand turret.

1593767700052.png

Ah, thank you. That helps, but I believe that is actually the rear of the gondola, the C-Stand. I hadn't even thought of how you accessed that position. I assume it's similar to the B-Stand in the front though. You can tell (aside from the caption) because the glazing is different, more conical, and there is no bomb sight. You can also see the fuselage fuel tanks beside and behind (in front of actually), while the B-Stand access is (from what I can tell) in the floor of the radio operators compartment behind the cockpit. But I'm still thrilled to see that photo.

Silly me i mis read. I posted indeed the c stand. I will look if if the a stand is mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back