Geneso

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mar 12, 2007
Anyone here planning on going to the show in Geneseo NY this year? Anyone been to it in recent years? It's been a long time since I last went to this show. I think it was while the NWM was still in residence. (LONG time ago!) The current outfit is the Historical Air Group, I think.

Anyway, I'mjust wondering if this is still a worthwhile show these days. I've been out of touch with the warbird scene and need to catch up! I checked out the HAG site and it seems to be a good show, but I'd like some impressions from anyone who has been there recently.

Anyone here planning on going to the show in Geneseo NY this year? Anyone been to it in recent years? It's been a long time since I last went to this show. I think it was while the NWM was still in residence. (LONG time ago!) The current outfit is the Historical Air Group, I think.

Anyway, I'mjust wondering if this is still a worthwhile show these days. I've been out of touch with the warbird scene and need to catch up! I checked out the HAG site and it seems to be a good show, but I'd like some impressions from anyone who has been there recently.
It was pretty good show in 06 not quite the same as the year with the 7x B17 flight with the Lanc and 24 but still real good . Where are you located
?

I didn't even know they still had a show there, they should advertise or something. And not just the weekend before like they used to do for the Batavia shows.

Just about every other show in Upstate has either gone bye-bye or never has any warbirds at it. Haven't been to a show that had any in about 10 years :shock:

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the comments, I just checked out their website ( 1941 Historical Aircraft Group Museum in Geneseo, NY ) and it looks like they may have a fairly good turnout of aircraft.

PB, I remember that year with all the heavies. I also remember the Great Pumpkin Drop! A bit corny but fun stuff.

Oh, and I'm in the Buffalo area. Geneseo is roughly 45 minutes to an hour away from me, depending who's driving.

Seems that there are more and more obstacles to hurdle in organizing shows these days. At least they haven't outlawed flying these things....... yet!

The weather tommorrow looks like it'll be iffy with 6000 scat/bkn with unlimited vis 25c and 30pct chance of light precip it's one of the best airshows and it's off a grass strip and you get a chance to kick the tires:) great year for airshows with the heavy metal Thunder over Niagara next

Users who are viewing this thread

Back