German Propeller Blade Manufacturer's Design Codes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ThomasP

Senior Master Sergeant
Apr 17, 2017
midwest USA
Hey guys,

I do not know if this has been covered on the forum before, or if this is the correct section to put it in?

I have had a difficult time finding the German blade manufacturer's blade design code prefixes, but I have finally found all (I think) of the ones used post-1939.

9-1xxxx VDM
9-2xxxx Junkers
9-3xxxx Heine
9-4xxxx Gustav Schwarz
9-5xxxx Hirth
9-6xxxx Argus
9-7xxxx Messerschmitt

If there is anything incorrect in the above, or if there are any other manufacturer's blade design codes that you know of, please let me know.

I also found most of the major post-1939 piston engine design code prefixes, but the Aviation Archaeology website beat me to it.

1xx BMW (pre-1939)
2xx Junkers series engines
3xx Bramo series engines (until 1939)
4xx Argus series engines
5xx Heinkel-Hirth series engines
6xx Daimler-Benz series engines
7xx Klockner-Humboldt-Deutz AG
8xx BMW series engines
9xx FKFS series engines

The Aviation Archaeology website on engines has a more complete engine list and can be found here "https://aviationarchaeology.gr/?tag=list-of-aircraft-engines-of-germany-during-world-war-ii"

Hi Thomas

Great info about the props and that is truly an area that is neglected.

Someone posted a link to a total list of all Airframe and Engine codes on this site within the last 90 days but I cannot remember where

I will stir the rusty brain and see what flakes off

German Fighter Nomenclature is where various members contribute to the subject and a detailed list starts.
Page 1 is of general interest and one page has a link to another site that covers all airframes and engines. I though I had bookmarked it but apparently not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back