German propeller blade to identify

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

focke190

Recruit
Nov 1, 2013
Can anyone identify this prop blade? It's size is about 160 cm. The propeller numbers are 9-17302 A-4 Any help is apprechiated. Regards – focke190

Attachments

• propeller1.jpg
    propeller1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 765
  • propeller2.jpg
    propeller2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 574
  • propeller3.jpg
    propeller3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 599
I ran the ID numbers and found this from the forum at woodenpropeller.com:
(someone had inquired about a very similiar prop, slightly different WkNmr)

The prop blade you aquired from Europe is in fact a German blade designed and manufactured by OMW (Otto Mader Werk - i.e. Junkers) Luftschrauben. The blade's part number, 9-17302, indicates which aircraft was eligible for this item. My list is somewhat incomplete, and I know more about which types did not use it, than those which did. Nevertheless, prime candidates were the Junkers 87 "Stuka" and the Fw 190 A,F and G-series (resp. fighter, fighter-bomber and extened range fighter-bomber). The blade's serial number (werknummer), 27145/2 is preceed by three code letters for the factory that made the part. You list, "nlb" but I am sure you mean "rlb." I hope to have the information as to this precise maker within a short time but, my guess is that it could have been the Junkers facility at Flaming, SW of Berlin.

Following my earlier posting, I have since determined that this prop blade was not linked to a Junkers propeller as stated earlier but, instead came from a VDM (Verinigte Deutsche Metallwerk AG - United German Metal Works) propeller as evidenced by it's "9" part number. We now know this because part numbers falling in the 10000 range signified VDM units whereas part numbers in the 20000 block denoted Junkers. Further, although most VDM props were powered by Daimler-Benz motors this was not alaways the case. We have yet to find out exactly which German airplane flew with wooden 9-17302 props.

Hopes this narrows it down a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back