Gun firing solenoids?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Denys Jones

Recruit
Mar 16, 2016
I'm hoping someone here might know if these units are in fact gun firing solenoids and if so what aircraft they might apply to.

All I can tell you is...

- they are in New Zealand and came from a deceased estate property where there was literally buckets full of them so that restricts them to being from a aircraft used by the RNZAF

- they are British in manufacture, all the nuts on them are BA

- our best guess is that they might be from a turret which points us to the Short Sunderland and it's assorted FN series turrets but all we can find out about the FN's says that they had Palmer hydraulic systems for firing.

Any help much appreciated
51827476033_62a53389b4_o.jpg

British gun firing solenoids for Browning 303s. Likely from the BP turret in a Hudson being in NZ.

It looks like we do not have a turret thread documents thread so if someone wants to start one I will throw in this whole document (a section from the RAAF Armourer notes) and some US solenoid manuals.

EDIT - I must have been blonde or asleep this morning. As soon as I left home I remembered this section Weapons Systems Tech. and this section of the manual is in post #7 of Boulton Paul Power Turrets

1649112860149.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back