Halifax MkII series I or !A

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Most happy with this silhouet. I will keep you posted on the Air War Memorial construction progress. Thank you all for your support and feedback.

I see you have posted one of "my"pics above of JB910 (chaddy's content). That photograph was taken in late May 1943 after the mid upper turret had been (re)fitted. I know for a fact that the mid upper turret had been removed (or not fitted) in early May 1943. Note that just near the crew entry door there was also a perspex bister which was a mod, and used by the 'redundant' mid upper gunner as an observation blister for 'below and behind'. No gun was mounted in that position on JB910. This same mod can clearly be seen on the aircraft of other squadrons of the time.

Does this information change anything according the Silhouet Wurger send me?

Hi Werger - just stumbled across this thread - JB869 was my father's a/c (J H Barratt - Nav) lost on Dortmund raid in May '43. I've been trying to find a pic for years but to no avail. Is DY-T (shown in pic) the nearest equivalent ?

Hi Werger - just stumbled across this thread - JB869 was my father's a/c (J H Barratt - Nav) lost on Dortmund raid in May '43. I've been trying to find a pic for years but to no avail. Is DY-T (shown in pic) the nearest equivalent ?

Hello Mate,

Welcome to the site.

The nearest equivalent to what ... to the JD206 DY-T or your JB869 ?
If you meant your father's a/c JB869 the closest ones I have found , would be the JB781 and also the JB908 ... both shots posted on the previous page.

JB781

the pic source: Oor Wullie

JB908

the pic source: 77 Sqdn Aircraft

Hi Wurger - thank you (on both counts). Yes I'm trying to find out what the front of his Halifax would have looked like and based on the pics you have it looks like his had a Tollerton nose which is interesting. Appreciate your help thanks again. Martin Barratt

Users who are viewing this thread