Hawker Hurricane from the 1939/40 engine serial number

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nov 3, 2021
1939 /40 merlin engine air ministry number 1444494 Rolls Royce Number 19113 needing information to the serial number behind the nose cone on the gear Hub
can anybody point me in the correct direction asked rolls Royce no avail please help

Last edited by a moderator:
A photo pointing to what part you need the number for would help as your description is meaningless as written.

As written I think you are actually after a part number but I could be totally wrong. All parts have part numbers. On a Merlin engine maybe one in 100 parts has a serial number.

A photo pointing to what part you need the number for would help as your description is meaningless as written.

As written I think you are actually after a part number but I could be totally wrong. All parts have part numbers. On a Merlin engine maybe one in 100 parts has a serial number.
Sorry I did not mean my thread to be meaningless as written
if you read it again i was asking the members if they could help me match up the engine number to the propellor gearbox hub or could point me in the right direction to find the records, I could not supply a photo as you suggested as the the prop is lying in a museum and getting permission to strip down a exhibit is impossible. iIcontacted Rolls Royce heritage direct with the same meaningless thread and received the information that i needed
thank you

Sorry Gordon but I have been working on various airworthy Allison, Armstrong Siddeley, Bristol, deH, Pratt, Rolls, Walter, Warner, Wright etc engines since 1962 and your description is still meaningless to me.

Props have hubs,

Engines have reduction gearboxes which in turn have prop shafts.

The prop hub is mounted on the prop shaft.

Therefore it now sounds like you were after the prop serial which is stamped in the prop hub and that is what RRHT supplied.

I am very pleased that the RRHT was able to solve your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back