Hello from Arizona....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Checked out a few Bomb Racks on eBay, saw one for $30
FUBAR57,
s-l1600[1].jpg
So I checked it out. It's a "Bomb Rack" and my Dad's picture is in it!!!! I had to buy it, I didn't care how much they wanted for it.
Here's his picture from the item description on Ebay. He's on the left and that's his illustration in the middle......Thanks

So I'm back from vacation.
Dad worked at HQ and was privy to a lot of intel and scuttle butt. He and a Captain were talking about the end of the war. The Captain looked around to make sure no one was looking and circled August 6th on Dads calendar, then he walked away not saying another word.. It turned out to be the date of the Atomic Bomb drop on Hiroshima. Dad told me that Lemay was not invited to the signing of the Instrument of Surrender on the USS Missouri. Dad said he was so pissed he got every plane he could into the air and buzzed the Missouri. Dad was in one of those planes. Afterwards the US occupied Japan and Dad was there for a few months, bunked in Japanese Naval barracks and still putting out the "Bomb Rack". The picture in a previous post shows Dad in occupied Japan living it up a little. Everything I'm telling you about my Dad's service is how he described it to me. Thanks to all who served!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back