Help identifying Vintage Plane/Propeller Part

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

brk1221

Recruit
1
2
Apr 10, 2026
I came across this forum while trying to research and art piece I have, and I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help.

I have this old statue that I believe was made out of vintage propeller parts. As you can see, the base looks to be a propeller that has been cut down and the top piece is a part that I know nothing about, but it has many stampings on it. I have tried to take pictures of the parts and marks, but here is a list of the marks on the top.

Marks read:
  • B5-2514 DWG-NO 6153A FG-NO 148923 ATC603
  • There is also a mark of a heart with the number 219 in the middle.
  • The word CHANGE is also stamped on there.
  • The number 3 is on there also, seemingly by itself.
Any information as to what these parts are, what type of plane it was on, time period from, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if there is more information that may be missing that I can provide.


20260409_142330.jpg20260409_142338.jpg20260409_142346.jpg20260409_142351.jpg20260409_142410.jpg20260409_142413.jpg20260409_142429.jpg20260410_132626.jpg20260410_132637.jpg20260410_132647.jpg20260410_132653.jpg20260410_132703.jpg20260410_132717.jpg20260410_132734.jpg20260410_132806.jpg
 
The 6153A blade has a maximum diameter of 13 feet, but was used as a "-18" for the B-24 with a propeller diameter of 11 foot 6 inches. The 6153A was the original version of the blade, late 1930's to very early 1940's, using a molded chafing ring. The molded chafing ring was changed to a detachable chafing ring on the 6353A blade to allow for easier propeller assembly with various different thickness of the chafing ring to get the correct assembly tolerances, i.e. to get the built up hub assembly centered correctly. The 6353A blades were used on the B-17, B-24, C-47, PBY Canso.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back