Help with identifying aircraft part 5D/1392 please

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Foundbits

Recruit
2
0
Jun 8, 2026
In sorting through a box of connectors I found an item marked 5D/1392. The inside appears to be a fuse and there's two screw terminals that might take wires threaded through a small hole at the rear.The top has a flip cover (possibly incomplete?) with two sockets approx 13mm apart. The item is approx 53mm long.
I've had a look around the net and I can't find any reference to this item number except that it may be something to do with aircraft armament electrical
Any ideas as to what this might be would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • item1.jpg
    item1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 34
  • item2.jpg
    item2.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 28
  • item3.jpg
    item3.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 32
  • item5.jpg
    item5.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 31
  • item6.jpg
    item6.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 33
That's about as far as I get with my reference material as well. The marking follows the British Stores Reference Number system defined in Air Publication AP 1086. Group 5D refers to "Aircraft Armament Electrical Stores".
 
Thanks for looking for me. I did wonder if it might be something that the bomb release switch 5D/596 might plug into. The spacing on the pins at 0.5 inch looks right. I am way out of my depth!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back