Identification of aircraft parts 3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Again, I have found some airplane parts, is there someone who can help me with this?

For tail wheel?
IMG_4874.jpg
IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

aircraft parts or not I don't have the slightest idea
IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1345.JPG

Air tank? Date 3-42
IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

Last edited:
Emerson was a long time manufacturer of electric motors. Before WW2 and air conditioning Emerson made the best quality electric fans. Emerson motors were in some of our equipment made in the 40s and 50s and when we scrapped them I kept the motors as they never quit and ran very quiet.

Thanks for the information, the two last photos is a aircraft oxygen air supply tank and i presume the stamping's is the date. The 3 three top ones i think they are from the 1950's so that doesn't really belong in my collection.

Again, I have found some airplane parts, is there someone who can help me with this? For tail wheel?
View attachment 527579

I doubt item one is a tail strut as there is no schreader fitting. I would say it is definitely aircraft. A couple of good photos with is laying on the ground with a tape measure would help as would good clear photos of some of the inspection stamps.

The type F-1 oxygen tank was also used on P-38s, early P-39's and P-40s up to N-1.

I doubt item one is a tail strut as there is no schreader fitting. I would say it is definitely aircraft. A couple of good photos with is laying on the ground with a tape measure would help as would good clear photos of some of the inspection stamps.

The type F-1 oxygen tank was also used on P-38s, early P-39's and P-40s up to N-1.

Thank you for the answer
Hope these are a better pictures

IMG_4918.jpg
IMG_4920.jpg
IMG_4921.jpg
IMG_4925.jpg
IMG_4926.jpg
IMG_4927.jpg
IMG_4919.jpg

tags on the tube
IMG_4923.jpg

Much better - can not clearly read the tape but it looks like about a metre long.

The Weatherhead tag confirms it it American but AN6292 is standard non metalic hose used on many aircraft so that is no help.
A couple of the inspection stamps look Douglas but I cannot get any more that that at present.
One stamp is the standard American Heat Treat stamp so again no help.
1549440117911.png

One other stamp is vaguely familiar but my memory is not telling me what it means. Being six digit part numbers if it is Douglas it will be pre- or early WW2.

I will keep thinking on it

Last edited:
Much better - can not clearly read the tape but it looks like about a metre long.

The Weatherhead tag confirms it it American but AN6292 is standard non metalic hose used on many aircraft so that is no help.
A couple of the inspection stamps look Douglas but I cannot get any more that that at present.
One stamp is the standard American Heat Treat stamp so again no help. View attachment 528429

One other stamp is vaguely familiar but my memory is not telling me what it means. Being six digit part numbers if it is Douglas it will be pre- or early WW2.

I will keep thinking on it
Hi,Thanks.
The length is 106cm
The top stamp is
L497
0x3
Lockheed stamp?
IMG_4933.PNG

Best regards
Tryggvi

Attachments

• IMG_4928.jpg
    IMG_4928.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 98
Hi,Thanks. The length is 106cm The top stamp is L497 0x3 Lockheed stamp?
Best regards Tryggvi

1549514824928.png

YES - from rusty memory I am 99% confident that the style of stamp above is found on T-33 aircraft so I would expect it to be off a Lockheed of that timeframe - P-80, T-33 etc.

Earlier Lockheeds had stamps more like
1549516637662.png
or V in a circle with numbers if a Vega made part.
1549516546963.png

The number is the individual inspectors number - 571 in the photo and 123 in my samples

Users who are viewing this thread

Back