Im in deep trouble with my Hasegawa Messerschmitt BF 109E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To be honest , the way of fixing of the kind damages is really easy. You need a thin drill bit , some of thin copper wire. And of course some of glue.
Hey thanks, that part of it I get. However removing the old prop from the spinner, now that's difficult to solve. I have an old spinner without the cannon hole that I think I can razor saw off just the tip and sand it to proper shape.

Sorry but I don't think you have to remove the old prop from the spinner. As I said you just need to attach the prop blades. And the hole in the spinner wasn't for the cannon. The E series of the Bf 109 wasn't armed with the cannon shoting through the engine shaft. The kind of armament appeared with the F variant.

No arguments here, but why did both my Tamiya and Hasegawa Bf-109 E's appear with this sort of spinner?

Attachments

• IMG_20210507_174919.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210507_174925.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 37
Because it is the standard spinner for Bf 109E. It was used for E-1 to E-4 variant mostly. The other ones were the blunt type and the pointed one and were used for E-4 to E-7.

the standard spinner ...

the blunt spinner ...

the pointed spinner...

What was the hole/ what was going through the center? looked like a small cannon or machine gun. No reason for this hole and tube to be there?

I would say there was the reason for that. The first one was the attaching of the prop. So it might be considered as the inspection opening. The second one was attachement of the spinner that was two-part cap. And the third one it can be said it was an air intake for cooling of motor shaft. Here two enlarged shots of the prop hub seen without the front part of the spinner.

OK. Here you are a link to my thread for 1/72 Fw 190A-6. Scroll down and start with post #399 on the page and then go to the next page with the next posts there.

Fw190A6 Sturmjager of Sturmstaffel1

And here ther is another link to my post where I have presented the way of making longer landing legs for a model and making the joint more stable. It is exactly the same way you may use for fixing of the prop. See post #221 there.

***DONE: Bf110D of 9./ ZG 26 MTO 1941 Group Build

Users who are viewing this thread