Info on Don Brown - Designer Test Pilot wanted (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

deddard

Recruit
Jan 25, 2010
Hi, Newbie here.

I'm trying to put together some info on Don Brown, an aircraft designer and test pilot who worked for Miles amongst others.

He was responsible for the design of several important aircraft including what would have been the worlds first supersonic...but let's not get into the UK Government's failings:mad:

My wife used to live next door to Don in Kempston when she was a young girl, and I sadly didn't have the chance to meet what sounds like a fascinating character as he died long before I met my wife.

My wife, along with my father in law tell some fascinating stories about him, but as is usual, have nothing on paper - I found a few references to him in Flight Magazine's archives, but would love to put something together both for myself and my in-laws.

Any info appreciated (especially if you have a copy of any documents)

Hi. It has taken me a very long time to register to reply to your question so i hope you are still registered on this site yourself.
I knew Don brown very well and visited him often. Around my house somewhere i have the Times obituary that details much of his life and career. i also have a number of stories of this great man if you get this post
Regard
David Simms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back