Information on the Battle of Singapore

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vassili Zaitzev

Master Sergeant
Nov 25, 2005
Connecticut, United States
Hello everyone-

Sorry for being of the forum for awhile, but I have a bit of a request. For my senior thesis, I plan on doing analysis on the British defeat in Singapore, analyzing why the British and Commonwealth lost, and the Japanese won. I have yet to begun on gathering resources, and am planning on doing it this summer. My request is: What books should I look out for when I'm gathering resources? Any titles will be helpful.

Thank You,
Vassili (Austin).

Hey Austin,
Have just finished reading this one -

9781864715613.jpg

M/C Reviews - History: Pacific Fury: How Australia and Her Allies Defeated the Japanese Scourge by Peter Thompson

While the book deals with the whole war in the pacific Singapore and the politics logistics involved in its downfall get a good mention.

Happy to help if you want a copy (pm me).

David.

Hello everyone-

Sorry for being of the forum for awhile, but I have a bit of a request. For my senior thesis, I plan on doing analysis on the British defeat in Singapore, analyzing why the British and Commonwealth lost, and the Japanese won. I have yet to begun on gathering resources, and am planning on doing it this summer. My request is: What books should I look out for when I'm gathering resources? Any titles will be helpful.

Thank You,
Vassili (Austin).

Hello Vassili!
I would strongly recomend that you get the book "70 Days to Singapore" by Stanley L Falk.
Falk was the former historian for the US Air Force, his book is unbiased well researched, and has detailed maps a comprehensive index of all leaders units.
The first part of the book also describes the leadup to the campaign, the efforts of the previous leadership (Dobbie, Bond, Babington etc) and how their advice was ignored.

Let me know if you can't find the book, I'll see if I can help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back