KG13 dimensions

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ernst

Airman
May 4, 2009
I am searching about 109`s KG13 grip dimensions. I pretend to build a semi-replica to use in Flight Sims and would like some information about. At this moment i founded a dozen of photos, but nothing about dimensions. A 3D draw of the grip will be very helpful.

Thanks all!

Hi,

Perhaps the guys at cockpitinstrumente.de can help you. They have a huge amount of info and helped me with some info on a KG12 I have.

Cheers,
Sander

Thanks. I have already seemed this site, i ll try to mail the admins!

Hi all:

I found a TM for the KG 12 at:

Luftwaffe Cockpits

under "K" about half way down. It has a great set of drawings which might help you.

It's worth a try to compare to the dims in the sim thread for the KG 13. Also, you can (and I did) buy ureathane copies which are pretty darn good. Email me (fshort AT flash.net) for the person's contact info if you're interested.

Regards,
James

PM me with your exact wants and I will measure one of mine
the basic dimensions are very similar to the KG12 family.
Incidentally, I cast a KG13 in cold cast resin some time back

I did them for sale....cast around 15 years ago......did the triggers too (in white metal)....at the time I owned only the one, so could not risk it at a 'show'....stil would not risk one of my KG12, 13, Do17, Ju87, Ju88!!

Thanks, Rocketeer. With all the good ideas i've seen for making simpits for warbird flight sims; many of the mechanical movements for controls and even panels can be approximated relatively easily with some inventive woodwork and re-purposing mechanical bits and bobs. The parts that could really help with a sense of "immersion" would be more realistic looking controls you actually put your hands on....hence my question about the KG13 castings.
There are some nice fellas in Germany making an amazing KG12 (13?) replica but it is cost prohibitive for me at the moment. It would be great to find someone that could do just a blank casting of controls like the KG13 or trim wheels/knobs and let the DIY pit builders drill them for switches, wires, axes mounts, etc.
Again, thanks
Derek

I may have one kicking around somewhere...I make several items....check my website for some info....i will see if I can find the mould....it is made in GP polyester resin with marble filler to give it a good weight. Can be drilled. They can be made using aluminum filler, which apparently means you can tap holes!
Ihave always wanted a sim with a spade grip lol!!!

If your still interested, I have the original manual for the control stick with the dimensions. I have probably a few hundred pics of the control stick and probably any info you would need to duplicate. Let me know.

From a query elsewhere; I thought I would add this dimensional drawing of a Knuppelgriff KG13A posted by 'Sokol' in the SimHQ simpit builders forum, last month. Thanks again to Sokol!
Derek
Knuppelgriff KG13A drawings_sokol.jpg

Hi all:

Here's my "compilation" drawing of a Fl 47945 KG 12 stick grip - I combine all my research into 1 drawing.

This isn't a Argus drawing.

Regards,
James

Attachments

• Fl 47945 KG 12 stick grip.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 430

Users who are viewing this thread

Back