Liberator crash acronym query

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WATU

Airman 1st Class
Sep 1, 2019
Hi Attached is an Aircraft Movement Card from the RAF Museum at Hendon for a Coastal Command LB-30 Liberator II. The entry on 25/3/42 refers to an FA which is a Flying Accident. That acronym is confirmed via an Air Ministry list of the time. Before FA are five letters which are not all clear. I think it says "LATAC" but it could be "EATAC". Other letters are possible in addition. You would think that it relates to the FA and an accident. Can anyone help with the meaning for the five letters?

Forgot the attachment!

Attachments

• AL557 Turk 1 edit.jpg
    AL557 Turk 1 edit.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 19
Hi Attached is an Aircraft Movement Card from the RAF Museum at Hendon for a Coastal Command LB-30 Liberator II. The entry on 25/3/42 refers to an FA which is a Flying Accident. That acronym is confirmed via an Air Ministry list of the time. Before FA are five letters which are not all clear. I think it says "LATAC" but it could be "EATAC". Other letters are possible in addition. You would think that it relates to the FA and an accident. Can anyone help with the meaning for the five letters?

Forgot the attachment!
I think it reads CAT AC FA as in category "Ac" flying accident. "Ac " was repair is beyong Unit capacity but can be repaired on site by another unit or contractor.

Hi. The Air Ministry abbreviation list confirms your definition. The aircraft was eventually sent away for repair and there must have been marginal calls as to whether on-site or repair centre was best.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back