Lockheed T-33

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a scale model that I would like to do in this scheme, but I have not been able to come up with much more than this photo.

Anyone have anything?

Jeff Lovitt

I have a scale model that I would like to do in this scheme, but I have not been able to come up with much more than this photo.

Anyone have anything? It is said to be 36th Fighter Bomber Group; 1951 at Furstenfeldbruck in Germany. Possibly a forerunner of the Skyblazers demonstration team.

Jeff Lovitt

Jeff

Not the original but a reproduction on a T-33 that was at Duxford in the 90's

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• T-33.jpg
    T-33.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,570
I have seen that aircraft as well. It is a modern airplane that was in England in the nineties with the registration G-TJET. It is supposed to be a copy of the original scheme. My problem with it is that if you look at the stars and bars, they are way out of proportion. The red line is narrow. It is also a painted silver aircraft rather than the original natural metal finish.

I'm trying to put together enough photo documentation for an r/c scale turbine powered model that would be suitable for competition.

Thanks for the info, and look forward to someone possibly having a photo or two that would further help define the correct color scheme.

Thanks,

Jeff

There's a colour illustration on the back of "P-80 in action" of TR-007 and a B&W of TR-003 in side with the same scheme.
let me know if you want me to scan it

Mike

Thank you for the offer. I do have that book and have that scheme.

For some reason- it appears that the tip tanks might have changed at some point in time. According to the Squadron book that you mention, the tanks are the type that hang below. It also shows markings on the fuselage that don't seem to show up in the photo I posted above. The radio control model that I am doing has the fletcher type tanks which correspond to the photo I posted above also.

There has to be more in the way of photos out there for this scheme!

Particularly, I'd like to see more info to support the markings on the wing. Stars/Bar and typical USAF lettering? Can't be sure yet.

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back