Longshot Parts ID

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ProudKerman

Airman
Jan 23, 2015
Hi

So I recently bought I a whole heap of aircraft parts. I am trying to ID some of these parts. Most I will probably never know but some have parts numbers or look like someone may know something about them.
I am gunna put up a few pics, if you recognize some of the parts I can get part numbers for you.
Any help would be great.
Would especially like to ID the Turn lever and the others in the photos.

20150503_204156.jpg

20150503_204203.jpg

20150503_204208.jpg

20150503_204213.jpg

Thanks! Any idea what they may be off. The green parts have DHC tags so maybe Caribou, given I'm in Australia, or a Beaver or something.
Thanks again :)

Not sure Fubar I used the normal method of adding photos.

Are you sure they all come from the same aircraft? I'm seeing different eras there. The green ones are very modern looking and the fuel line tag is in use today; certainly not an 'old' feature. Zinc chromate coloured parts with the bearings fitted do look like modern DHC/Bombardier parts (having worked on Bombardier aircraft), whereas some of the other bits look older.

No no they aren't from the same aircraft I am trying to figure out what aircraft they are from but they are from different aircraft.
Do you have any manuals for the bombardier to check the parts? They do have DHC tags

In no particular order
C4B17823
C4BM1213-11
C4WM1127
Not sure about the others. I got them in a box of random parts from a guy in New South Wales

Alright just got a new batch of parts from the same source and I figured since you guys did a pretty good job last time I'll have another shot. Once again these a less than 5% of what I got but they look the most interesting and easiest to ID where others are just random and I would need to spend decades scrolling through Parts Catalogs to find out what they are, if I ever found them lol.
I know what some are (thanks to dataplates) but would like to know what aircraft they are from, especially the RAN Radio set looking thing, I'm thinking Tracker or Neppie but can't be sure since I haven't seen it ever.
Would love to find out what aircraft the throttle quadrant panel is form.

20150519_113451.jpg

20150519_113532.jpg

20150519_113543.jpg

20150519_113709.jpg

A mix of old and "new", British and American
One less common one is the bomb fuzing unit off British aircraft from mid thirties to fifties
Bomb fusing unit.jpg

Used on Anson, Beaufort fighter, Demon, Oxford, Wirraway, Lincoln, etc
Goes on the ends of bomb racks (or on the Wirraway on the channels ahead and behind the internal bomb shackles)
Lots of bits from engine mounts and Stromberg PD carbs

hmmm. C4 for DHC-4. or Caribou? Some aircraft manufacturers prefix part numbers with the aircraft they were for.

Yep
DHC used a code that went C4 for DHC-4 then one or more letters to indicate area
W=wing, TP=tailplane, TE=(tail) Elevator, F=fuselage, FS=fuselage structure, etc
I do not recognise/remember the B or WB codes tho

Last edited:
Thanks heaps MiTasol :)
Any idea what the instrument is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back