Looking for 3 views, for Canadair Sabre Mk.6 (F86)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Michael Fearing

Recruit
Aug 21, 2017
Im building an Scale: 1/4 scale
Wingspan: 2825 mm / 111,2"
Length: 2850 mm / 112,2"
Weight: 18 - 20 kg

Im building this wood kit as an Canadair Sabre Mk.6

I have this great picture showing marking and some panel details, but I plan on using this jet to compete in NASA Scale and Scale Masters RC Static and flying Competitions.
I have learned to get as much documentation before I glue the first peace of wood together.

I'm looking for a clear 3 view drawing, this is used by the judges to evaluate my panels, body shape. (mk.6 vs other F86)
Im looking for any good photos of Mk.6 F86s to help me build the gun pods or what the inside of the air brake looks like.

Documentation stating the exact FS or paint code used would be very great!

Any help would be great! Please email me or if it easier to send it vs. posting.

Canadair%20Sabre%20(186)_Page_02-960.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The forum is of WW2 planes mostly but I hope there is somebody who can help. Also I have edited the post above and deleted the email address. Please don't show your personal data publicly if you don't want to get more spam on the e-mail box.

BTW I have deleted the profile of the Sabre from your thread about the P-38J and the yellow colour. There is no need to post a such pic twice. So.. either use the hot-link if you want to copy a pic or just omit that if needless.

Last edited:
The forum is of WW2 planes mostly but I hope there is somebody who can help. Also I have edited the post above and deleted the email address. Please don't show your personal data publicly if you don't want to get more spam on the e-mail box.

Thanks, it looks like I need to order a plastic model, as it will show panels and rivets that are needed, it seems the only one I can find is really small.

Thanks for the email delete.

Also it seems that the Canadair Sabre MK.6 and F86F are very similar is this correct?

Concerning your question about the differences between the Canadian Sabre and the F86F I can recommend these books where you may find almost all. Additionally the second one contains nice drawings as memo serves. The Canadian plane was powered by better Orenda 14 jet engine that gave it better performances than the F-86F.

sabre_.JPG
sabre_1.jpg
sabre_2.jpg

sabre_3.jpg

Last edited:
Well I have changed my design, I going to go with this F86 with tail number of 25222 as there seems to be a lot more pictures online, and when restored its very shinny, which is what I want so I can use chrome vinyl rap that I used on my P51.

6722669943_d08a42bd46_o.jpg

14563422_1265956406759541_4585655806951664402_n.jpg

I see. The Mk.6 based on the F-86F-30 and had slats on the leading edges

BTW Great looking model of the P-51. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back