Looking for a painter for a 3D model

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beldridg

Airman
72
142
May 3, 2022
Hi all,

A number of years ago, we located and identified a F8F Bearcat off the coast of California. I built a 3D model from the photos I took of the wreck. A good friend made a 3D printed model.

I'd really like to have it painted to reflect what it looks like.

I'd prefer somebody based close to where I"m located (Southern California) to make the logistics easier. Below are pictures of the 3D physical model and a screen capture of the 3D model I built and a link to the actual model posted on-line.

If anybody is open to painting this 3D model, please reach out to me.

This is the "physical" model:

IMG_4131.jpg


This is a screen capture of the 3D model:

output5b.jpg


Online Model: F8F Bearcat - Redux (Low Res / Mobile Version) - 3D model by Brett Eldridge (@beldridg)

Please reach out to me if you can paint this model!

Regards,

- brett
 
Hi all,

A number of years ago, we located and identified a F8F Bearcat off the coast of California. I built a 3D model from the photos I took of the wreck. A good friend made a 3D printed model.

I'd really like to have it painted to reflect what it looks like.

I'd prefer somebody based close to where I"m located (Southern California) to make the logistics easier. Below are pictures of the 3D physical model and a screen capture of the 3D model I built and a link to the actual model posted on-line.

If anybody is open to painting this 3D model, please reach out to me.

This is the "physical" model:

View attachment 863423

This is a screen capture of the 3D model:

View attachment 863425

Online Model: F8F Bearcat - Redux (Low Res / Mobile Version) - 3D model by Brett Eldridge (@beldridg)

Please reach out to me if you can paint this model!

Regards,

- brett
Hi. I know a guy in the Central Valley. He worked for Ed Roth, the Rat Fink guy. He actually did all of Roth's art work. I can ask him if he would be interested. He's a big modeler, air craft and cars.

Richard
 
Hi. I know a guy in the Central Valley. He worked for Ed Roth, the Rat Fink guy. He actually did all of Roth's art work. I can ask him if he would be interested. He's a big modeler, air craft and cars.

Richard

Sure, that would be great. If he is up for it, send me a DM and I can send you my contact information. Much appreciated.

- brett
 
You know, if you have the STL file for that plane, you could send that file to an artist with a written agreement not to sell and have him print it up locally and paint it?
 
You know, if you have the STL file for that plane, you could send that file to an artist with a written agreement not to sell and have him print it up locally and paint it?

Yeah. I think my friend that made the model had to do a bit of work on it after I gave him the "raw" STL file.

- brett
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back