Looking for Engine Mount for Aeronca L-3C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sep 28, 2018
Lynchburg, VA
Hey everyone,
does anyone know where i can find a replacement Engine Mount for a Aeronca L-3C? the current one we have on the D-Day memorial one is in rough shape, and we believe it may even be the wrong mount (Someone is using bolts as filler material to actually get the mount to fit on the airframe.) we are looking to find on for a reasonable price, or a donation if possible.
I know it's a lot to ask, and i'm truly sorry. I will post pictures to follow up this post so you guys can see the state of the mount.
thanks for any help you can provide.

Hello Brennan,
I've attached a list of Aeronca Dwgs that are available at a really low-cost from the Smithsonian. Your instructors should be able to help you fabricate a replacement at a low cost while being able to log the hours as training to meet your FAR 147 requirements. Good luck!

Attachments

• AeroncaDwgLists-2015-05-27.pdf
    383.4 KB · Views: 521
Thank you Jetcal. Not sure if we will be able to produce it given the time constraint (We need it done in time for the D-Day celebrations at the D-Day Memorial), but we will see.

Thank you Jetcal. Not sure if we will be able to produce it given the time constraint (We need it done in time for the D-Day celebrations at the D-Day Memorial), but we will see.
Should be about 60-75 manhours.(Less of the instructors get their hands dirty. Shoo them away!)

Users who are viewing this thread