Looking for Info on WWII Attack Aircraft

Discussion in 'Technical Requests' started by PFVA63, Jan 1, 2011.

1. PFVA63

PFVA63 New Member

Hi,

I have a copy of Francis Dean's "America's 100,000" and it has a lot of useful info on WWII US Fighter performance, detail dimensions, and weights, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find similar info on attack aircraft like the TBD, TBF, SBD, SB2A, SB2C, or SBN (or any similar UK, Japanese, French, Italian, German, or USSR designs). I am particularly interested in the detail weight and configuration details, if they exist.

Thanks

Regards

PF

2. wells

wells Member

3. PFVA63

PFVA63 New Member

Thank you very much for that info. It is very helpful.

One area in particular that I am interested in finding info on is the weight breakdowns of the aircraft. In Dean's book he gives a very good listing for the fuselage, wing, wheel, tail, engine, and other parts of an aircraft's weight for US WWII fighter planes. I have also found info at the WWII Aircraft Performance . Org site for the detail specs for the F4F-3 and F4F-4 and a post here for a Curtiss Hawk Manual with similar info for those planes (http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/other-mechanical-systems-tech/h75a-flight-manual-23226.html ).

If anyone knows of similar info for WWII attack planes, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Regards

PF