Luftwaffe aircraft instrument panel

Bv222

Recruit
4
0
Joined
Mar 24, 2026
I am hoping someone can help indentify this instrument panel, one suggesion is that it is from a Bv222 but I have only managed to find 2 very poor cockpit photos and they are just not good enough. The aircarft was obviously captured and evaluated by the Allies as there are 2 labels on the panel marked "RATE OF CLIMB" and "ALTIMETER". One BV22 was in fact test flown by Eric "Winkle" Brown. Any help/suggestions will be very gratefully received.
Many tanks.
20260324_111914.jpg
20260324_112014.jpg
20260324_111924.jpg
20260324_111954.jpg
 
It's certainly possible. With only 13 being built there probably was some differences between the instrument location of the V1, V2, V3, etc..

1774359543248.png



1774360041035.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Could it be a Bv238 V1 ,looks very similar. also a schematic from the net.
Source. Bv222 Nowarra
 

Attachments

  • Bv238 V1.JPG
    Bv238 V1.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 1651929242498.png
    1651929242498.png
    734.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Could it be a Bv238 V1 ,looks very similar. also a schematic from the net.
Source. Bv222 Nowarra
Many thanks for your reply. I don't think it could be from a Bv238 as only one aircraft was ever completed and that one was sunk at the seaplane base at Scchaalsee by RAF Typhoons/Tempests and wasn't recovered. Any information is hard to come by so all options are worth considering.
 
It's certainly possible. With only 13 being built there probably was some differences between the instrument location of the V1, V2, V3, etc..

View attachment 872884


View attachment 872885
Many thanks for getting in touch. Having looked really hard(!) at one of the cockpit photos you posted, I think I can see a vacant rectangular slot just to the left of the instrument at the top right of the panel. Possibly, this instrument could have been re-positioned/deleted and that rectangular slot moved to the right
 
Do you know where it was found?

I picked it up in a yard in NW England, which specialised in aircraft scrap recycling.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back