Identification of aircraft part found former Luftwaffe Air Base in Denmark

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great photo of that He 219 propeller blade base with the id numbers!
We can see that it is a 9-12 174.10 blade which is listed for the complete assembly Gerat 9-12 174 A and the 4-bladed 9-12 132 B, although it is also interchangeable on the 9-12 174 B Gerat.
The other markings on the base, mnf is the code for the manufacturer, possibly someone can decode that? 619 is possibly a QA inspectors code stamp (There would normally be a BAL QA stamp). The 2491 is likely a serial number from the manufacturer.
It would be great if you have any pics of the Hub stamps or id plates?
Thanks for posting
Eng

VDMHe219_Prop_Blade_Base.jpg
 
Great photo of that He 219 propeller blade base with the id numbers!
We can see that it is a 9-12 174.10 blade which is listed for the complete assembly Gerat 9-12 174 A and the 4-bladed 9-12 132 B, although it is also interchangeable on the 9-12 174 B Gerat.
The other markings on the base, mnf is the code for the manufacturer, possibly someone can decode that? 619 is possibly a QA inspectors code stamp (There would normally be a BAL QA stamp). The 2491 is likely a serial number from the manufacturer.
It would be great if you have any pics of the Hub stamps or id plates?
Thanks for posting
Eng

View attachment 886441

Chris, I have images of other plates and stampings. I will post when I get time.

Tony
 
Hi,
I looked-up the mnf Ordnance code myself, Surprise! mnf is VDM-Luftfahrtwerke AG, which was located in the Heddernheim district of Frankfurt on the Main,

Cheers

Eng
 
Another day at the same spot
 

Attachments

  • att.Zz9bIK0ijMMdJjRDzi5Qms7ktloBsfd5qGyoCmYPcuw.jpeg
    att.Zz9bIK0ijMMdJjRDzi5Qms7ktloBsfd5qGyoCmYPcuw.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 26
  • att.CF3vNMwMsoQsL0qzxofyRnUgfNm_paBGhKFKREi9naM.jpeg
    att.CF3vNMwMsoQsL0qzxofyRnUgfNm_paBGhKFKREi9naM.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 33
  • att.pAlyIaDlkgRJI34ROr7jjpzfjK25yR7S-zNHFASRgUE.jpeg
    att.pAlyIaDlkgRJI34ROr7jjpzfjK25yR7S-zNHFASRgUE.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 30
  • att.LZCPzZ2u6DGUZDkvImYGbygYO7BrMEoGzwckiQpllw4.jpeg
    att.LZCPzZ2u6DGUZDkvImYGbygYO7BrMEoGzwckiQpllw4.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 34
  • att.iHgWVVDA_HYqA5Gs1jHETdoqZWbcGR-Vj49quRrMMlU.jpeg
    att.iHgWVVDA_HYqA5Gs1jHETdoqZWbcGR-Vj49quRrMMlU.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 24
  • att.DXI3CojKU1rHMA9w6McjLMHlDkFeL0Dn9c7mno1yxlA.jpeg
    att.DXI3CojKU1rHMA9w6McjLMHlDkFeL0Dn9c7mno1yxlA.jpeg
    432.3 KB · Views: 26
  • att.GsVnZQc2rJEF_6I-5uG38XyBt-p6cBmgXrNzpeF3Wi4.jpeg
    att.GsVnZQc2rJEF_6I-5uG38XyBt-p6cBmgXrNzpeF3Wi4.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 31
  • att.tdDJcu6aOxbd68hDJ463Df0ncP-HSH0Ab6YjEWtISmg.jpeg
    att.tdDJcu6aOxbd68hDJ463Df0ncP-HSH0Ab6YjEWtISmg.jpeg
    402.5 KB · Views: 24
  • att.7_0TrgnhUcLl6fkjiiyJSth-KD1ddAhdkcFf5XuZ3aE.jpeg
    att.7_0TrgnhUcLl6fkjiiyJSth-KD1ddAhdkcFf5XuZ3aE.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 25
  • att.4F1bDXusFgnn2QpPV2uVzRbJfWZ-G9GOxP0uhm3nm9s.jpeg
    att.4F1bDXusFgnn2QpPV2uVzRbJfWZ-G9GOxP0uhm3nm9s.jpeg
    353.3 KB · Views: 31
  • att.sv2t2qIcEMQDJMqq16u71r3YP37aKA4PXdT9BPMpdv0.jpeg
    att.sv2t2qIcEMQDJMqq16u71r3YP37aKA4PXdT9BPMpdv0.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 28
  • att.gYh-lwpOfnINQLcWRvEV47DUVKrnPKGKH1xmZM2ZNQ4.jpeg
    att.gYh-lwpOfnINQLcWRvEV47DUVKrnPKGKH1xmZM2ZNQ4.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 33
  • att.eKqVSvOgQ1etDdWGZkTUxzw8WiH2kdK53elbjTBusLE.jpeg
    att.eKqVSvOgQ1etDdWGZkTUxzw8WiH2kdK53elbjTBusLE.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 26
  • att.f1yriuVTCiVJN-EsXFfkdc_bfVp7aKNXxhFoVEbv3VA.jpeg
    att.f1yriuVTCiVJN-EsXFfkdc_bfVp7aKNXxhFoVEbv3VA.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 27
Another day at the same spot

Hi,
Difficult to id some things, but, I think I can possibly see some remains of another spinner backplate parts that still have the small sections of the very strong prop hub blade fitting attached. The VDM Hub is hugely strong and never usually breaks. It is possible that they might be from another type as well, I can't tell with parts corroded like this.
I can only guess that if they are VDM hub parts with remains of the spinner backplate still attached, they were either in a very high speed crash, were cut up with oxy-acet cutting gear or blown up with explosive charge?
The parts that I think may be these are in your sequence, photo's, 3,4,8,10,11, and 14.

What do you think?

Eng
 
Hi,
Difficult to id some things, but, I think I can possibly see some remains of another spinner backplate parts that still have the small sections of the very strong prop hub blade fitting attached. The VDM Hub is hugely strong and never usually breaks. It is possible that they might be from another type as well, I can't tell with parts corroded like this.
I can only guess that if they are VDM hub parts with remains of the spinner backplate still attached, they were either in a very high speed crash, were cut up with oxy-acet cutting gear or blown up with explosive charge?
The parts that I think may be these are in your sequence, photo's, 3,4,8,10,11, and 14.

What do you think?

Eng
Photos #10 and 14 do appear to be from a hub back plate.
 
Unfortunately the VDM parts documents don't give the size details, that is all in the production drawings that I do not have. There are thousands of them, somewhere.
However, the closest match I can find with the slinger ring and tube feeds is part nr 9-11 177.34 which is listed for the Ju 88 with JUMO 211 engines. This is not
a positive id but, it is likely.

Eng
thanks for the detailed explanation
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back