Luftwaffe Fuel Codes on Yellow Triangles (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Unless I am reading it wrong, the "20 TL Benzin 1 TL Oel" indicates that you are to use 20 parts gasoline (aka Benzin, technically any grade but even motorpool petrol would be OK) to 1 part oil, measured in teaspoons. Does that make sense for the amount of fuel needed for the starter motor? Or is it just the ratio of 20:1 gasoline to oil?

TL = teelöffell = teaspoon = ~5 ml
I think TL here is Teil, part. Me 262 starter engine was a two stroke piston engine, so it is 5% two stroke mixture.

Unless I am reading it wrong, the "20 TL Benzin 1 TL Oel" indicates that you are to use 20 parts gasoline (aka Benzin, technically any grade but even motorpool petrol would be OK) to 1 part oil, measured in teaspoons. Does that make sense for the amount of fuel needed for the starter motor? Or is it just the ratio of 20:1 gasoline to oil?

TL = teelöffell = teaspoon = ~5 ml
TL is also a common shortcut for "TEIL" (= "parts") - in this case here only referring to a ratio of 20:1 aircraft gasoline and oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back