Martin Baker MB2 questions (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tomo pauk

Creator of Interesting Threads
Apr 3, 2008
... like: what was the actual engine power it had? 805 HP seems to be maximum for the Dagger Mk.III, however the 1000 HP figure is often quoted. Rumors of a Dagger using the +13 psi boost - really?? Have it ever received the Dagger VIII, that should be making 1000 HP (on account of greater rpm and, finally, +6 psi boost vs. +2.25-3.5 psi as on the Mk.III)?

Had a look in my files. Found a 19 page article in 'Aeroplane' of December 2010 about MB fighters, written by Tony Buttler, in which it says:

Martin Baker MB.2 - Tony Buttler Aeroplane December 2010.jpg

No mention of Dagger VIII in Tony's article.

Bill Gunston wrote an 8 page article about MB fighters in 'Wings of Fame' Volume 9 that mentions Dagger III but not Dagger VIII and no mention of boost either.

Had a look in my files. Found a 19 page article in 'Aeroplane' of December 2010 about MB fighters, written by Tony Buttler, in which it says:

No mention of Dagger VIII in Tony's article.

Bill Gunston wrote an 8 page article about MB fighters in 'Wings of Fame' Volume 9 that mentions Dagger III but not Dagger VIII and no mention of boost either.

Thanks for the feedback.
Rest assured that I'd pay money if someone can prove that any in-service Dagger was able to beat +7 psi without ADI.

That Aeroplane article (Dec. 2010) may be the best single source on Martin Baker's three fighters, with excellent photos. I referred to it constantly while making an R/C MB5 last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back