me-264 or b-29 which is which

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't understand? What do you mean "which is which?"

Is there supposed to be a picture or something

dude this is the me-264
1701137265452.png

and this is the b-29
1701137325777.png

and if somebody who has no experience of playing plane games how are they supposed to know that the first image is the me-264 and the 2nd image is the b-29

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude…

Like your initial post had no pictures, dude, so I did not understand what you wanted to know dude. :D

As to answer your question (now that I understand what you want to know)…

It is rather easy to tell the difference. Other than the glazed nose, the Messerschmitt Me 264 and the Boeing B-29 have very little in common in appearance. Completely different designs.

• The Me 264 has a high wing design, the B-29 had a mid wing design.
  • The Me 264 had a twin tail and rudder design, the B-28 had a standard single vertical tail and rudder.
  • The Me 264 had four three bladed props, the B-29 had four four blades props.
If you look at these pictures you can easily see the difference.

Me 264

IMG_1445.jpeg
IMG_1446.jpeg

B-29

IMG_1447.png
IMG_1448.jpeg

Getting a bit side tracked here, from the 3-view drawings one can see both planes do the wing taper with the leading edge, with the trailing edges more or less straight. Many other planes do the opposite, and still other have both the leading and trailing edges slightly turned into each other.

Is there some particular aerodynamic reason to prefer one or the other, or is it more a question of where on the fuselage there is space available for the wing box?

(not discussing "proper" swept wings here which do have an aerodynamic reason.)

Getting a bit side tracked here, from the 3-view drawings one can see both planes do the wing taper with the leading edge, with the trailing edges more or less straight. Many other planes do the opposite, and still other have both the leading and trailing edges slightly turned into each other.

Is there some particular aerodynamic reason to prefer one or the other, or is it more a question of where on the fuselage there is space available for the wing box?

(not discussing "proper" swept wings here which do have an aerodynamic reason.)
There is an advantage to having flaps and ailerons' hinges perpendicular to the airflow, but at the small angles on basically unswept wings, it's negligible. It's probably a mix of center of gravity, packaging, and aesthetics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back