MiG-15 UTI manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

American manual developed from captured MiG-15 aircraft including visual indications on how to identify if it is a Rolls RD-45 Nene or VK-1 powered aircraft.

Also covers difference in engine power between Nene and VK-1

Attachments

• USAF MiG-15 pilot Op Manual 1955.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
UTI MiG-15 Electrical and Instrument Manual. I do not know the official title or date as the necessary pages were missing

Notes
The cover and title page are faked up by me and the Table of Contents is in the back of the manual like an Index is when included in western manuals.

Those pages and the two before the contents at the back were missing. Possibly some others.

EDIT. Thanks to a person on another forum I now have the pages in the correct order. The pages I had called un-numbered did have a number but it made no sense at the time but I am now informed that those pages are foldouts and the number is the foldout number. $%^&* obvious once you are told. The pages are now in the correct order and the foldouts are produced as A3 like the original would have been. Those missing data are still missing that data unfortunately. And it was made clear that the correct designation is UTI MiG-15, not MiG-15 UTI as we in the west say.

There are a lot of un-numbered pages that I have located where they were in the single sided copy I bought. I have reproduced them without a blank rear page as the other Russian manuals do not have blank pages however I think many of these pages were actually foldouts (and several have what appears to be the fold line showing) and as such had a blank rear page. Some of those pages are missing material as well where I believe the person who did the copy was just copying what would fit on a Letter size page.

I have formatted the pages for left side binding so in many cases you will find even numbered pages on the front of a sheet. That is another reason I think the original had foldouts with blank rear pages.

Attachments

• UTI MiG-15 elec and Inst ww2.pdf
    24.1 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I just found this old post that describes the MiG manual system for the MiG-17. Unfortunately this gentleman has not been seen since July 1 2016.
I would expect the MiG-15 manuals to have a similar construction so I will go back to post 19 and correct my post. I know that MiG-17 book II is Armament so I think I should follow his advice.
1645237532030.png

I have started a new thread MiG-17 and derivatives manuals - in English and the first manual includes MiG-15 and "two seater" details. I do not know if that means the UTI MiG-15 or the Chengdu JJ-5. Maybe both. One diagram I recognize as UTI MiG-15 but Wackypedia says The Chinese also built a two-seat trainer version of the MiG-17, designated the Chengdu JJ-5 (Jianjiji Jiaolianji - Fighter Trainer - FT-5) from 1968, by combining the two-seat cockpit of the MiG-15UTI, the VK-1A engine of the J-5, and the fuselage of the J-5A. so the material probably applies to both two seaters.

Last edited:
The first of several - all in English - as supplied to English speaking nations that bought the aircraft.

This one is missing a couple of pages from the Table of Contents.

EDIT Don't download this at present - I am going to create and add the missing ToC pages and add some colour pages that are black and white in this copy.
Expect it in about a week as I have to clean up the colour pages.

Changes
Diagram 90 was missing and I have tracked a copy down (in Russian) and Wurger generously provided a translation of the caption.
I compiled the missing third page of the Table of Contents
I added page numbers to each page - the originals were numbered in the outside corner of each page and most missing/partial in my photocopy - probably when it was photocopied from A4 on Letter size paper - and my PDF software does not provide that page numbering option
I faked up the cover using another manual of the period as the template - apparently ОБОРОНГИЗ is Oborongis in English and they are/were a Technical publisher in Moscow. The date was a guess from when the original aircraft were being exported and at least one Russian MiG-15 manual was published by Oborongis with that date.
MIG-15 UTI Original Russian 3 volumes manuals found on Russian public websites, which were more completed.

1652523278766.png1652523333454.png

Attachments

• MIG15BISTO1.pdf
    18.3 MB · Views: 129
  • MIG-15UTI-TO2.pdf
    22.9 MB · Views: 135
  • MIG-15UTI-TO3-1949.pdf
    39.1 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Thanks - if I can make time I will extract the wiring diagrams that are cropped in my copy and replace them with the ones you uploaded. I will cut and paste any English translations on to the page so I will be labour intensive.

I have just been asked by a museum to scan over 3 lineal metres of manuals for them and clean and ocr them. I will probably scan more.
One library room is 8m long with shelves over 2.5m high down each side. Each shelf is about 40cm above the one below. The other room is half that size. I will not know until complete if I can share these manuals as the person who organised it is in hospital at present so I will not get to see him for about 6 weeks.

If you can post the links to where you found the electrical manual I will search for more from that site - that museum is in the middle of the Ukrainian war so anything I can find that they put on line needs to be found and saved. Their website avia-museum-lg-ua is down so the war has or will probably destroy everything.
1652587128649.png

Last edited:
If you can post the links to where you found the electrical manual I will search for more from that site - that museum is in the middle of the Ukrainian war so anything I can find that they put on line needs to be found and saved. Their website avia-museum-lg-ua is down so the war has or will probably destroy everything.
View attachment 668540

Many Russian manuals in these website:

Last edited:
In my opinion, looking at Russian economy in failure, Russian websites were mostly stopped because of economy failure, not political reasons.
Just like a fantastic German website, www.germanluftwaffe.com , with many complete German fighters and Bombers manuals with ipc, and even bomb and gun manuals of german in WWII, was closed because they couldn't pay for Server on January 1st, 2021.
I am surprised that aviarestorer is still on line

All the other good Russian sites like www.russianarms.ru have been killed off

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back