Mil-8 manuals - in English

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MiTasol

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2012
Aw flaming stralia
While the scanner is grinding away I will drop a couple of items in here. The first is a pdf of an article at RCAF Doesn't Like To Admit it flew Russian Mil-17-V5s on the Canadian Air Force use of Mil-8/17 helicopters. The Mil-17 is a version of the Mil-8MTV

I was going to link to ATA 100 - Wikipedia for how to read ATA 100 docs but that is such a visual nightmare and leaves out so much that I wrote a quick summary of the system. The second, therefore, is a guide on how to read the Maintenance Manuals as these are presented in a version of the ATA 100 format used on most commercial aircraft since the mid 50s. The Russians add a few chapters and I will add these here as I scan them. They are not alone in varying the standard - Rolls Royce and a small number of others do also (eg Canada and Australia use the JASC system which is just a bastardized ATA system).

The first manual up will be this one for the Mil-8 MTV (MTB in Cyrillic) - it is about 500 pages, maybe more. 650 pages.

EDIT: Book 3 replaced and out of order. That book was incomplete
1645330088520.png

Attachments

• The Canadian Armed Forces Dispatch.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 150
  • ATA basics.pdf
    215.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Mil-8 MTV AFM ww2..pdf
    29 MB · Views: 166
  • Mi-8MT Serv Man Bk 1..pdf
    9.1 MB · Views: 157
  • Mi-8MT Serv Man Bk 2.pdf
    16.1 MB · Views: 126
  • Mi-8MT Serv Man Bk 4.pdf
    76.5 MB · Views: 124
  • Mi-8MT Serv Man Bk 5..pdf
    80 MB · Views: 121
  • Mi-8MT Serv Man Bk 6.pdf
    28.2 MB · Views: 125
  • Mi-8MT Serv Man Bk 7..pdf
    16.9 MB · Views: 111
  • Mi-8MT Serv Man Bk 3 ww2.pdf
    98.7 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Flight Manual added (nope - I will have to reduce the file size).

ATA basics needs Each Chapter is a stand alone document with its own Revision Table and Table of Contents added - I will do that once I have finished the Service Manual in case I find other items I forgot.

1645402463081.png

Last edited:
The Service Manual comes as 7 books and I will post it in a similar way. I do not have the armament book. I only have two chapters of the Armament book (don't get excited).

Some pages are not good (I have a photocopy, not an original), and there may be some pages missing. I never needed to find out. What I have is in four thick ring binders.

1645402796307.png

Not listed in that summary is Book 5 (electronic equipment) Chapter 119 Unit Л166B1A. Don't ask me what that does - the manual uses very fractured English on this item and I cannot work out what they actually mean.

Last edited:
Just added Mi-8MT Service Manual Book 1. Helicopter General. All chapters are present

My photocopy has no copy of the cover or of the title page so I have faked up a title page using the Flight Manual title page as a pattern. Maybe someone in Eastern Europe can provide a copy of the cover and title page in Russian so that I can fake up something closer to the genuine item.

Another item to add to ATA 100 basics - A vertical line beside content indicates that the content beside that line has been revised.

Last edited:
Just adding Mi-8MT Service Manual Book 2. Helicopter Frame in post 1. All chapters are present, 594 pages

As before my photocopy has no copy of the cover or of the title page so again I have faked up a title page using the Flight Manual title page as a pattern.

This took a lot longer than the previous as more pages and most pages were copied off angle and/or with one of the margins showing

Well here is Mi-8MT Service Manual Book 3. Helicopter System (in post 1) and will probably get Mi-8MT Service Manual Book 4. Power Unit finished today thanks to the rain. 466 pages and faked title page.

Last edited:
Well here is Mi-8MT Service Manual Book 3. Helicopter System (in post 1) and will probably get Mi-8MT Service Manual Book 4. Power Unit finished today thanks to the rain. 466 pages and faked title page.
DEAR MiTasol MiTasol ,
The post Mil-8 MTV Service manual book 3 is extremely incomplete. It was expected to have ata 21-ata 36 and more than 300 pages, but the file uploaded first was only 18 pages and only had ata 21.
Can you load a more complete service manual book 3?

Last edited:
DEAR MiTasol MiTasol ,
The post Mil-8 MTV Service manual book 3 is extremely incomplete. It was expected to have ata 21-ata 36 and more than 300 pages, but the file uploaded first was only 18 pages and only had ata 21.
Can you load a more complete service manual book 3?
My apologies - what I scanned was definitely far more than that. I guess I was too tired when I went to merge the files.
I will unzip the scans and post the full book (or at least as full as I have) ASAP. From memory that book was complete and I noted above that it should be 466 pages.

DEAR MiTasol MiTasol ,
Thank you very much!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
The manual's fanscinating!
It would be better if you had the illustrated parts catalog of Mil-8MT later on.
Yes I would definitely have liked that. I have a few more Mi-8 manuals to scan yet. AMT flight ops and MTV maintenance schedule but scanning them all, squaring the misaligned pages and decrapifying the edges etc takes time.

My apologies - what I scanned was definitely far more than that. I guess I was too tired when I went to merge the files.
I will unzip the scans and post the full book (or at least as full as I have) ASAP. From memory that book was complete and I noted above that it should be 466 pages.
Dear MiTasol MiTasol ,I'm sorry that something important was still lost in the mi-8 maintenance manual book 3 in your file updated, where a very important section,ATA-29 Hydraulic System, which contains flight control system of mil-8, was lost. Can you upload ata 29 of the Service manual book 3 as a supplement?
1649336821091.png
1649327837065.png
1649327845806.png
1649327871852.png

Attachments

• Mi-8MT Serv Man Bk 3 ww2.pdf
    98.7 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back