Militaria Collecting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

in time friend I literally need to do an inventory some things in boxes have not seen for ages......

That is literally what I am doing. Unfortunately, I only get about one day a week to inventory.

This is only part of it (with some of my wife's and kids's stuff thrown on top…).

GAB unmarked, for Stug crew members
Actually, that is for panzergrenadiers, combat engineers, and the like. Stug crew would get the panzer assault badge in bronze, instead of silver which the tank crews received.

am looking through Panzerfeld jacke volume 2 which covers stug crews. many pics of GAB being worn. photo of Stug member wearing GAB.
I believe they received them when they were in towed artillery units which were then converted to Stug units.

And the others got the GAB before the bronze PAB was authorized so they just kept their GAB's as a sign of their old hand status.

as seen in the pic. actually Stug crews not in artillery did receive the GAB and not the PAB. but as photos show the PAB was worn. well anyway Bodo Spranz

Attachments

• Hauptmann_Bodo_Spranz_8.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread