modern air to air combat?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RAGMAN

Airman
Jul 5, 2005
vancouver ,B.C.
Is there any dogfights today where the planes shoot at each other with their cannons?Seems like it is just lock on target and missle away.As you can see I am not up on modern combat techniques.Another question is when was he last cannons blazing dogfight?:oops:

Probably back in the Beeka Valley (sp) between the Israelis and the Syrians. At least from first line formations. Beyond that, you could have air to air of some sort going on in the third world from time to time. But that could be very low tech, very old aircraft, oddball fights.

Is there any dogfights today where the planes shoot at each other with their cannons?Seems like it is just lock on target and missle away.As you can see I am not up on modern combat techniques.Another question is when was he last cannons blazing dogfight?:oops:
There were also gun kills duirng the Iran Iraq war as well as during GW1.

Fighters will ALWAYS need a gun. We learned that lesson in Viet Nam. Phantoms had to be retro-fitted with gun pods to more effectively fight the MIGs.

There were also gun kills duirng the Iran Iraq war as well as during GW1.

Forgot about the Double I war. As for GW1, who did gun kills in that one? Thought they were all missle kills (something like 35 of them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back