Monogram 1/48 B-29

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As someone who introduced a couple of kids to modeling, please don't sweat to many of the details. That particular kit will be bit of challenge for an adult, let alone a kid.

This is great time to introduce a few simple concepts like drybushing, but don't sweat it. It's mostly about getting a young man who will naturally be impatient to slow down and then reinforcing it by showing him the successful fruits of his labor.

Just note, that after a few hours of intense concentration, he will also want to go to sleep!

Enjoy the build time together! It's always a blast to see the world through their eyes.

Good Luck! A few of us are probably a bit envious.

He is super excited, When I told him I was able to track down the instructions and someone was mailing us the decals he was like, "well let's get started!" I'm looking forward to it. He is my little buddy. Follows me everywhere. It will be fun. If he wants to paint I'm going to let him. It's no big deal, if he makes a mess.

Oh no! Let him make the mess and have fun! But, please take the time to teach him a few things like dry brushing (Used to pickout the dial faces on instrument panels) and counter shading. (Use Steel paint on the engine cylinder heads, and aluminum paint on the engine cylinders.) The subtle yet easy things he can do will be a great boost to his self-esteem because he did this fine detail work on his own at six years old. ("Look daddy!")
Have fun, my son never liked models, but he liked working with wood until he discovered video games and girls.

I just wanted to update you. The decals have arrived! Now once I finally get the honey do list taken care of I'll start the fun! I'll make a new thread for the build.

Thanks again for all the help!

I just wanted to update you. The decals have arrived! Now once I finally get the honey do list taken care of I'll start the fun! I'll make a new thread for the build.

Thanks again for all the help!
Good luck and have fun. Make sure to post pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread