Need Help... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hurleyslegacy

Recruit
Apr 14, 2008
Augusta, GA
I know that this sounds a bit bizarre. My great uncle was from Alabama. During WW2 he was on a bombing run over Germany, when they were shot down. He was hit by shrapnel, (which eventually caused him to lose his left arm). He was bandaged up on the airplane as best they could and thrown out with a parachute. He was then found by a German family who hid him and took care of his wounds. Eventually, he became a POW. I last saw my uncle when I was five. I had information about him, and due to unforseen circumstances, I lost what information that I had....now due to my brain matter being disentergrated by too many Diet Dr. Pepper's...I have forgotten his last name...so I am have a hard time looking him up. I don't want to ever forget him, and I want my children to know about him. He was a lovely person, I have fond memories of him as a child. I was wondering if anyone else has any information about him.....he was from Alabama....his first name was Tyre...I think that he worked for the gov't in some capacity as a tax acessor....His wife's name was Francis Daughtrey.....had a family full of girls....that is all that I can remember. I would be most grateful to anyone that could send me information. Thanks so much...and thanks to all of you who have served your country....as if thanks were ever enough.
Marty
[email protected]

It is hard to describe, but let me just say that my family is dysfunctional....and there is no one that I can ask...which is why I was so upset when I lost the information. It was on my computer.....I am going off of memories that I had as a child...it seems like I would remember the name....it is driving me nuts. I can't believe that I forgot! Anyway...I just thought that maybe it would ring a bell with someone....there was a movie based on that experience as well....I have been trying to find that too.
Thank you for your help and kindness in responding!

you won't believe this....OH WOW...it came to me like a bolt of lightning...his name was Tyre Weaver. Don't I feel stupid now!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back