New member new pics!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi toffi ... no... I am Chilean, my interest is the croatian airplanes in the second war ...

ja ja ... good joke lancaster :lol: ... these airplanes were used in the years 50´s and 60´s in Chile ( FACh )

I don't think Lanc meant it as a joke. :lol:
The Chileans aren't really known as the most powerful nation in the world, in fact I think I have a book with the air power of Chilie in 1981.

Fuerza Aerea de Chile: Opposition to the present right-wing Chilean government by Britain continues, thus precluding any arms dealing between the two countries, particularly Hawker Siddeley Hunter spares and overhauls. Chile has therefore turned to the USA for modern combat aircraft, acquiring batches of Cessna A-37s and some Northrop F-5E, while from Brazil she has purchased transport, maritime patrol and training aircraft.
The FAC is organised into Grupos Aereos (Air Groups), each made up of one Escuadrilla or squadron (Notice one group is one sqaudron. lol. ). The prime frontline unit is Grupo 7 at Antofagsta in the north of the country, operating 15 F-5Es and three two-seat F-5F ordered in 1974 and delivered two years later. Two fighter-bomber units, Grupos 8 and 9 at the same base are equipped with 33 HS Hunter FGA.71s and five Hunter T.72 two-seaters, delivered in batches since 1967. It was revealed officially in June 1978 that as a result to lack of spares only 20 Hunters were still flying. A further two light strike Grupos No 1 at Iquique and No 12 at Punta Arenas, have the Cessna A-37Bs, with a total of 34 aircraft between them from two batches delivered in 1975 and 1977.

1981: Bill Gunston, World Air Power.

That's just their fighter wing. They had transport aircraft and helicopters.

if-108pic1.jpg

Chilean Hawker Hunter.

A37B.jpg

Chilean Cessna A-37B

portada.jpg

Chilean Northrop F-5E Freedom Fighter. You can tell it's Chilean with the blue mark at the base of its tail, which if looking closely has the white star.

Militar_0243_small.jpg

Maybe you could use this as your Avatar, another F-5E of the FAC.

I have book with a bunch of airplanes in it that I can barely read; It's all in German, and I'm only going into an Honors class this year. :lol:

I should post a random picture.. *searches Photobucket for one*

vati4.jpg
"Vati" Mölders

Some random Gaia characters I made. (Gaia online is an anime roleplay forum. I like anime, too. :lol: I draw it as well. )

pips3.gif
Pips
vati.gif
Vati
pilot.gif
My character.

:lol: Not as accurate as I'd like, but still cute.

It is pretty big, Lanc. It's got descriptions and specs of all the aircraft too. Funny thing is since it was still the Cold War most of the Soviet aircraft are from spy pictures and stuff.

i found something disturbing on the euro fighter, it and the israeli fighter lavi, look more or less the same and lavi was prodused years befor the euro fighter.just look and see for your self.

Attachments

• lavi-3v.gif
    lavi-3v.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 993
  • sef2000.jpg
    sef2000.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 991
Hi all,

The actual strength of the Chilean Airforce (FACh) is:

Grupo.No.4 Punta Arenas with:
16 Mirage 50 (Mirage V with Snecma Atar 9K-50 jet engine)

Grupo.No.8 Antafagasta with:
Mirage "Elkan" (Mirage V ex Belgian Air Force)
15 Mirage V MA
5 Mirage V MD
4 Mirage V BR
1 Mirage V BD

Grupo.No.7 Antafagasta with:
15 Northrop F-5E/F (converted to Tiger III Standard)

Grupo.No.1 Iquique with:
12 CASA/Enaer A-36 Halcon

Grupo.No.12 Punta Arenas with:
20 Cessna A-37B "Gragonfly"
10 Cessna OA-37B

Grupo.No.10 Punta Arenas with
1 IAI "Condor" (Boeing 707 modified for AEW purposes)
1 Boeing 707 "Aquila" used as Tanker

and Tranpsport and other units.
Ordered 10 F-16C/D Jets in 2002.

Greetings from Germany
Kongo Otto

Maestro said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
Ich wiss (is that right?)

I think that's right... But I also just know a few words, so I'm not sure. But I think that's right.

Nope completely wrong my friends it is Ich Weis.

I speak German fluently as I was raised and still live in Germany so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back