New, with captured WWII Japanese diary, possible aircraft schematics?

StackedWings

Airman 1st Class
157
369
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Hello all, I've been lurking awhile and this is my 1st post. My Dad and an Uncle were in the Sea Bees in the Pacific 1944-1946. Both are long passed away and I have some of their souvenirs. One is a 3 1/2" x 6" diary in Japanese. I do not remember the exact capture site or date but it was definitely during hostilities. As you will see there are numerous very precise schematics and drawings mostly in pencil. Obviously they are very technical and I'm not sure if these are Aviation or Naval, or if the designs are Japanese or intel gained from US or Allied equipment. A language translation will tell all I'm hoping if someone can read this 1940's era writing. Over 125 pages. I will start with a few images. Thanks to all, and enjoy this bit of History.
03E71F6C-6A75-4800-B85A-674981F3037A.jpeg
002F4C82-9C30-418A-AF6C-FB753A9E871C.jpeg
6716F79C-6127-471A-AA8C-0BC4A22A5E85.jpeg
6685DBE5-4D42-44EF-A30C-BE44EC2E47EC.jpeg
BFA45E7B-5068-4771-A752-2EE65FE6E10C.jpeg
086B5771-3C43-40D7-920B-E17F679F7300.jpeg
4DD310E8-AAB3-484F-BF07-BDD2649CA5E8.jpeg
461CBF2A-CE02-4333-8F37-ACB4F9811AEA.jpeg
F5A2E71F-9D16-40E0-ACD6-E45F50133DDA.jpeg
0BD0D312-D9F5-4D65-A3B6-0DDEC538421E.jpeg
F24AEEF1-E016-462C-AE4C-4E8A43D505E6.jpeg
3FCF2DFC-0D78-4794-A387-28987744B931.jpeg
393F029F-2B5F-401C-A453-9EA2E441F5AF.jpeg
ABD5A314-0315-4A43-A9CC-440AC37D4B86.jpeg
1E595E16-32EE-456F-A83D-97C314742E6C.jpeg
2859B6C2-59AA-4926-939E-34DA400C4363.jpeg
447C94A7-9B34-4485-B224-A4D74F077C17.jpeg
2427BCF4-57AD-4BF3-A862-B5EB38251B7B.jpeg
221B42DB-56BC-4678-A64E-97F594A2C8C3.jpeg
 
Fantastic notes from the era. I hope you are able to get the whole script translated. Looking at the drawings, they are very detailed of a radial motor. If the script is translated it would probably give information of whether a mechanic students' notes or mechanics notes of a captured motor, however the copied pages look very detailed. I hope you are thinking of getting it into a museum also, needs saving.
 
Interesting stuff.
Hand-writing is hard to read but, at a glance, it looks like about Nakajima Homare engine.
Here is a diagram for reference.

View attachment 675118
Hello Shenpachi,
Thank you for you addition information. Based on that I would assume a mechanics notes for future refernce on working on the motor.
 
Fantastic notes from the era. I hope you are able to get the whole script translated. Looking at the drawings, they are very detailed of a radial motor. If the script is translated it would probably give information of whether a mechanic students' notes or mechanics notes of a captured motor, however the copied pages look very detailed. I hope you are thinking of getting it into a museum also, needs saving.
Thank You!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back