Other Games

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eddie_brunette

Senior Airman
Oct 17, 2007
Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
I would just like to know what type of games the ww2aircraft.net community also plays beside the Il2 Sim.

I'm a big-time simmer.

Play most of the time IL2 (At least one mission a day, at least an hour to two hours). I only have this flight sim as I really don't like the Microsoft releases.

Then I'm also big-time in online motor racing using the LFS (Live for Speed - Online racing simulator) simulator, witch is fantastic!! Also race the TOCA Series. The Need for Speed series also fun, but unrealistic.

BUT the reason for this post: I bought Far Cry 2 over the weekend, and it is absoluty mind boggling. Anybody tried it?

edd

yeah i also have far cry 2 and i love it, the only thing i dislike is the begin story wich takes a long time before you really can play.

i play several games of different genres. call of duty: world at war is 1 of the favorites, i used to play european air war but my pc cant handle it no more, i like to play RTS games, silent hunter series (especially SH 3), medal of honor series, i used to play counterstrike source.
thats about it i guess.

I like to play old stuff :D. Mostly i enjoy playing turn-based RPG's on PSX :).

Also im big Simulation fan, trying to get realism high as it gets ^^.

I play a bit of everything TBH, games come and go in phases for me. Some that keep coming back are The Camo Workshop's Steel Panthers WW2 and SP:MBT, Bioshock, Ghost Recon 1, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1. MS FS2004, Sid Meier's Locomotion, Silent Hunter 3, Crimson Skies, Strike Fighters (although I am less of a fan these days than I was), Sim City 2000, Sim City 3000, SimFarm (!) and Naval Warfare Simulation's Warship Combat: Dreadnoughts and Battleships. Needless to say, I don't 'complete' many games... :lol:

Also, I own a bunch of Avalanche Press board wargames, despite the fact I cannot find opponents most of the time - it's just as well they make good solitaire games. I have Great War At Sea: Jutland and GWAS: Plan Gold, Panzer Grenadier: Road to Berlin, They Shall Not Pass (Verdun 1916) and Rome At War: Fading Legions.

Play IL2 mostly, still trying to master a few planes. Play a few FPS that have been mentioned, just depends upon my mood really.

Looking forward to Rise of Flight when it comes out.

Comes and goes for me too, but here's a few I've played (and finished) this past year:

COD4
UT3
Elder Scrolls:Oblivion

But for every hour I spend playing through some of these other games, I spend 3-4 hours in IL2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back