P-38 Lightning Mk I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The image is too blurred to say what is there. Diagonal light coloured stripes aranged in a diamond shape? Gas patches were yellow so they would be a solid diamond shape similar in colour to the outer ring on the roundels. I haven't seen anything like them included on on any models or profiles.

Attachments

• scan0044.jpg
    scan0044.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 321
Hello Wojtek, thank you for your help, looking forward to your reply. Do you also make scale models?

Hallo Michael,

You are welcome,But I think Antoni hit the nail.I've found also another info that the AF-105 was tested at Speake base and then sent to Cunclife Oven in order to get some modifications.The other two Lightnings were tested both Boscombe Down and Farnborought.
And as far as these gas indicators are concerned,Antoni is right.These ones had a square shape and were yellow-green in colour.The square had 18 square inches mostly.

And yes I do.Mostly WW2 and WW1 fighters.

Antoni,

I can't thank you enough!! I have been looking for this article for some time now and even SAM did not have it in stock...
I hope that I am not asking for too much, could you forward me the rest of it please??

Really appreciate it!!!

And here is a colour profile of AE-979 which camo colours seem to be much more accurate for the RAF P-38s.

Attachments

• Lightning I.jpg
    Lightning I.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 189
Cheers Antoni!!! I think I have pretty much everything I need now. Will start posting photos of the model sooner or later...

Thanks again!!! You have all been very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back