P-39 documents

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MiTasol

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2012
Aw flaming stralia
I thought I got rid of all my P-39 documents over 10 years ago but just found a folder.

First up - Bell training notes - missing about 6 pages.

1661639682120.png

Other threads with P-39 docs are:

Attachments

• P-39 Mechanics War Training Manual 2nd Ed [Bell] ww2.pdf
    49.7 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
And the rest of the folder. Some pages may be out of order and my apologies as I did not have time to add margins.

Attachments

• Aeroplane Oct 41.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 88
  • Aeroplane.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • Air Classics.pdf
    36 MB · Views: 88
  • Aircraft production Oct 41.pdf
    13 MB · Views: 81
  • Flying Oct 44.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 80
  • From NACA report.pdf
    854.8 KB · Views: 77
  • model magazine.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 84
  • Pages from Aircraft Designers Data Book.pdf
    56.2 MB · Views: 82
  • unknown 1.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
  • scale aircraft modeller.pdf
    9.7 MB · Views: 77
Just arrived a couple of days ago

This is the only Inspectors manual I have ever seen that has none of the inspection forms and procedures in it. On the plus side it has some good simple definitions and some other good material that is often lacking in other manuals.

1662874575841.png

Attachments

• Bell Insp Manual (ND) ww2.pdf
    19 MB · Views: 105
The original manual came with a can and brush for the invisible paint.

The only thing they got wrong was that the brush was hard to use once the paint was loaded.
The recommendation was to cut some wood off the top of the handle so with paint and ready
the centre of gravity would be in the right .......... never mind....

Just arrived a couple of days ago

This is the only Inspectors manual I have ever seen that has none of the inspection forms and procedures in it. On the plus side it has some good simple definitions and some other good material that is often lacking in other manuals.

View attachment 686397

Nice manual thanks for that. I wish the copyright address could be made a bit lighter so it's not so distracting.

How does one paint with invisible paint? Once the brush is dipped, it is invisible and once the first coat is on, how can we tell where to continue? And, If we select invisible colors for "that model I'm working on", how do we know where to place the insignia and markings? This modelling is very difficult!

How does one paint with invisible paint? Once the brush is dipped, it is invisible and once the first coat is on, how can we tell where to continue? And, If we select invisible colors for "that model I'm working on", how do we know where to place the insignia and markings? This modelling is very difficult!
You have to apply the paint blindfolded.

Nice manual thanks for that. I wish the copyright address could be made a bit lighter so it's not so distracting.

The source watermark is always added to any post I put up because of a certain pay website

Within days of me posting my first manual a friend told me to check out that website as they were displaying a copy of the manual I posted.

They took it down once I blew the whistle on them but now I put the watermark in to prevent them and other unscrupulous scum from selling what I provide free.

If I get time I will lighten the watermark as it definitely looks too dark to me as well and I forgot to OCR it as well. Time is in short supply at present.

Last edited:
A Russian manual on the mods they carried out and how they operated it. Unfortunately in Russian but maybe one of our members can translate. From Aviarestorer.ru

Title page in Russian is probably as below according to my OCR program
УПРАВЛЕНИЕ ВОЕННЫХ ВОЗДУШНЫХ СИЛ КРАСНОЙ АРМИИ
ТЕХНИЧЕСКОЕ ОПИСАНИЕ МОДИФИКАЦИЙ САМОЛЁТА Р - 39 ,, АЭРОКОБРА " и ДОПОЛНИТЕЛЬНЫЕ УКАЗАНИЯ ПО ЭКСПЛОАТАЦИИ ( ДОПОЛНЕНИЕ К ТЕХНИЧЕСКОМУ ОПИСАНИЮ САМОЛЁТА АЭРОКОБРА С МОТОРОМ АЛЛИСОН У - 1710 - E4

Which translates as
DIRECTORATE OF THE MILITARY AIR FORCES OF THE RED ARMY
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION OF MODIFICATIONS OF THE P-39, AEROCOBRA AIRCRAFT and ADDITIONAL OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS (SUPPLEMENT TO THE TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION OF THE AEROCOBRA AIRCRAFT WITH ALLISON V-1710-E4 ENGINE)

I can try to OCR the rest if someone wants but no gaurantees it will process. The next two pages did not even with increasing the DPI but there are other tricks that may work.

Attachments

• Technical description of modifications of the P-39 Aircobra aircraft and additional operating ...pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back